New Horseshoe art Sticky - Page 18
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Re: New Horseshoe art Sticky

This one i made for my Wifes friend. Was made with shoes from her own horse
    Name:  Screenshot_2016-05-26-22-35-03.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  22.1 KB
    Last edited by AwolWelder; 04-22-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Nice ..
    Miller 252 Lincoln AC/DC 225 Buss Box power Max 30

My attempts at horseshoe art.....ideas ripped from Pinterest ! Name:  P1010049.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  46.4 KBName:  CB1.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  28.5 KB

Looks good to me.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Nice , I did a couple like that on post # 416 . I set mine on a base for a larger candle or a glass candle holder and candle. Gonna sell them so thought to make them more versatile.
    Horseshoe stuff is fun art .

Made a few free standing paper towel holders . They will accommodate the regular and jumbo rolls. The top shoe is the tension adjustment. Added a space saver " K " cup holder to the flock.
    Gone do a vase holder. Picked up some vases cheap at garage sales.
    Name:  IMG_0510.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  59.6 KB

Made a few more minions. Added ball bearings for eyes . I may make another with wine bottle holder in back. I pinned the hats so they are removable.
    Did a couple vase or candle holders . Got the vase for a $1 each at garage sale.
    Name:  IMG_0511.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  67.7 KB. Name:  IMG_0512.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  55.8 KB

This is my new welding student / helper Bianca (Bee). She'd been saying she was wanting to learn to weld for a couple of years now and we finally got around to it last week. She just wants to know how to do it for artsy / crafty purposes. Started her out with the plasma cutter and then on to the MIG welder. Oh man she taking to this like a duckling to water. She already whipping out some horse shoe art and selling it. She made two of these hat / coat holders for herself and her husband to use at their place the other week, posted pictures of them on her FB page and right a way got orders for 4 more of them at $25 ea. Now she's out scouring the country side for more used shoes.

Name:  Bianaca 002.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  93.4 KB

Name:  Bianaca 003.JPG
Views: 280
Size:  562.6 KB

Nice , horseshoe art is fun. You might want to consider NEW shoes. Is there a farrier supplier in your
    area??
    By seeing the in stock shoes you'll be amazed at the style, shapes, sizes, and thicknesses of shoes available. Some people may prefer new over recycled depend on their purpose.
    A big advantage is you can buy quanity of a specific shoe that might work perfect. I found this is a great feature IF you are making more than one of the project. With identical shoes You can fab up jigs that will cut your time 1/2 or even better. I have a variety that I made and it really saves time and agrevation
    You'll be surprised on what is out there. Seeing online is not the same as in person. Good Luck and have fun!!!
    Last edited by BD1; 06-16-2017 at 05:35 PM.

BD1,

Not that you'd have had any reason to know this but Bianca is a full on member of the horsey set and owns 3 of them. It'd be my guess that she's aware of every business in town that sells anything to do with horses. On top of that I'd be willing to bet she knows every Farrier in the area and won't have any problem at all with getting her hands on large quantities of used shoes.

And oh boy is she ever enthralled with the sand blasting cabinet. I'm guessing her enthusiasm for that is going to wear off in time but for now, next to the plasma cutter and the mig welder that's her favorite new toy to play with.

Here's my display at my first art craft show. It was a experience for sure.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  142.2 KB

The latest creation from my new welder trainee.

Name:  Owl 003.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  87.2 KB

She also managed to have her first Industrial Accident this afternoon and now has a whole new level of respect for the belt sander.

Name:  Owl 001.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  74.9 KB

ht; if your student had to have a belt sander mishap this one was pretty benign. she got off easy with a broken nail and damaged glove.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

doc,

I agree. As these things go she got a fairly cheap lesson. I don't think that nail broke but rather just got sanded down real quickly. In fact if it wouldn't have been for that extra length of nail sticking out she most likely would have lost some skin off the end of that thumb. The upside to this incident is that she now knows that if she wants to run a small piece of metal against the belt sander it's a good idea to use a pair of pliers or vice grips to hold on to it.

My protégé made herself one of these yesterday and is wanting to make several more so we discussed how to go about making a simple fixture for it.

Name:  wreath 001.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  78.9 KB

Name:  wreath 003.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  81.7 KB

Learned a new German phrase yesterday. It's an exclamation used when you do something boneheaded and have one of those palm to forehead moments.

Himmel arsch und zwirn! Sky, a$$ and cotton!

Also learned how to say "Hit it with your purse" in German. Hau es mit der handttasche.
    Last edited by HT2-4956; 06-23-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Nice jig.. Things have been real slow here I have another surgery next month. I can work with some pain, but I am not going to work in this heat with this pain.... it is just hot here. The new Red box 200 tig is just sitting.... I did try it out last week, I will have time soon.
    Miller 252 Lincoln AC/DC 225 Buss Box power Max 30

HT2-4956 , I did a few of those 6 horseshoe stars. Depending on shoes you are using a short piece of pipe in the center worked well for me to line them up and leftover cut shoes of same thickness to hold elevated .

Thats Hot , I sure hope that surgery will help. It's what happens from abusing our bodies for all those years. GOOD LUCK !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    HT2-4956 , I did a few of those 6 horseshoe stars. Depending on shoes you are using a short piece of pipe in the center worked well for me to line them up and leftover cut shoes of same thickness to hold elevated .

Thats Hot , I sure hope that surgery will help. It's what happens from abusing our bodies for all those years. GOOD LUCK !!!
    I was pretty sure I'd seen one of those here on the forums before. She stole the idea from a picture she saw on Pinterest. She also showed me pictures of two or three similar things I'm guessing we'll be building. She said her Farrier can get her that size new shoe for $1.79 ea. She was also suppose to be going to a used tack sale last night so there no telling what she'll show up with next week to want to try and make stuff out of.

Thanks for the tip on using a short piece of pipe as a center on a jig for that assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by HT2-4956 View Post
    I was pretty sure I'd seen one of those here on the forums before. She stole the idea from a picture she saw on Pinterest. She also showed me pictures of two or three similar things I'm guessing we'll be building. She said her Farrier can get her that size new shoe for $1.79 ea. She was also suppose to be going to a used tack sale last night so there no telling what she'll show up with next week to want to try and make stuff out of.

Thanks for the tip on using a short piece of pipe as a center on a jig for that assembly.
    I noticed that there are many '' 5 '' shoe stars shone out there. I only saw one that were using '' 6 '' . I did experiment with a variety of new shoes and the larger ones seemed more appealing and accented the star look.

Name:  IMG_0359.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  164.7 KBName:  IMG_0360.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  152.2 KBEasy to make jump pole hang on fence storage rack. Did this for local horse farm and they love it. Can also be used for hanging or drying saddle blankets too.
    Name:  IMG_0358.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  142.0 KB

Good Job Bob Name:  thumb.gif
Views: 44
Size:  139 Bytes
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Thanks Tony. The pole holder finished design was kind of funny . I was debating on using angle or channel for the poles. The brackets had to extend to clear a upright 1x6 that was face nailed to the pole. So as I was going through stock , DUH !!!! Why not use a BIG A$$ horseshoe ? I had 10 in stock and was almost too simple and easy. It is really slick because you can use t as a drying rack for horse blankets, helmet hanger, jacket, and you can get some wood rings and play ring toss.