Benders
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Benders

Benders

Since there seems to be a lot of intrest in bendin steel, here's a simple bar bender, if I can make the picture work.
    All there is to it is a plate you can clamp down with a piece of pipe and something to hold the flatstock in place.
    I usually make them up as needed from whatever scrap is handy, and the only reason these things get painted yellow is to theoreticly keep them from gettin cut up for other jobs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Appreciation Gains You Recognition-

This one is sort of a rod wrench for bending 3/16 rod.
    It's nothing more than a block of steel about 1" square and 1 1/2 long with a couple slots milled about 3/8 deep that are a hair larger than 3/16 wide (don't even think of asking).
    Slip a piece of 1/8 pipe over the rod you're bending for better control, and you can bend a fairly sharp 90 with this tool.
    Bigger rod diameters just require a larger slot, and more muscle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Scott S Guest
    Franz,
    The bottom picture I understand, but I can't quite follow the top one. What is holding the bar down to the round pipe. It looks black in the picture?

I just threw a piece of bar in it for the picture. If you're talking about the black in the upper left, that is the vise the bender is clamped in.
    Once you put some bending stress on this type of bender, the back jaw holds the bar stock onto the bender without any problem.
    This style bender could easily be mounted onto an upright receiver tube that drops into a bench as well as holding it in a vise.

Scott S Guest
    Franz,
    Thanks, I see it now.

Hey all I found yah, just registered really don't have any time to search site today I have to get back to work, But looks like a nice site. But what the hell happened over at hobart site and who runs this site.
    J P Streets Welding LLC

Scott S Guest
    Jerry, Glad you found us. Long story short about the other site. Basically we have all been lied to about our units being " Made in the USA". There are made in China and Made in Mexico parts inside. When this was brought to their attention. They tried to deny it, then our friend and Hobart Expert Rock was told by the high-ups that they had run low on production, and rather than risk running out, they bought the china motors. When Rock told us this, he magically disapeared from the site, never to be heard from again. This board is run privately by Chuck. He has been great to deal with! You are gonna like it here.