HTP Invertig 200 Vs Invertig 201
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

HTP Invertig 200 Vs Invertig 201

Hi guys I am trying to buy a tig welder. I have only some very brief experience with stick welding on a Lincoln Invert v155. Currently no good inverter machines are for sale in my area. Aside from brand new from everlast of course.

What I want from a welder is first and foremost to be able to to tig weld aluminum in the <1/4" thickness pretty easily. And after that steel tubing.

I have read some great things about the HTP invertig 201. I found an HTP Invertig 200 (note the difference 200 from 201). The guy is asking $1600 for the Invertig 200 with water cooler and torch and everything but an argon tank basically to get me going.

Now my question is: Is this machine too old to risk that much cash on it? At the stated price would have a good value? I am pretty sure it can satisfy my welding needs based on the reviews for the invertig 201. Also the guy offered to demo the machine for me no problems.

My real concern here is value and longevity. It makes me nervouse to spend $1600 on a machine that if the board fries I'll spend another $1000 on some damn chip to get it running again. Is there any difference between the invertig 201 and invertig 200 that I should be aware of and would possible cause me to wait in the decision and go for somethign else?

Would love to hear your experiences and thoughts on the subject. I have no real objection to transformer based machines but the 70+amp draw concerns me in terms of cost to operate and the initial investment of having to have my garage rewired to acommodate another 100amp breaker.

So shoot me some suggestions guys.

Re: HTP Invertig 200 Vs Invertig 201

You might want to call HTP and ask them about the differences betwixt the 200 and the 201.

http://www.htpweld.com/

Rex

looking for tig

HI
    I just googled HTP invertig 200 and the only thing was from 7 years ago and the guy was selling it after about 1-1/2 years. I would go for a newer welder. Also per Miller 1/4" aluminum butt weld is in the 190 to 220 amp range. I would go for a bigger welder too.
    I will get blasted for this but look here.
    http://www.everlastgenerators.com/Po...EX-381-pd.html
    I have a buddy who has one and is happy.
    Many hobby wielder use city water to cool their torch.
    have fun
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I would follow up with the suggestion posted by road2ruen. Call HTP, websites are both www.htpweld.com and www.usaweld.com. Ask to speak to Jeff, the owner. Jeff is fantastic to deal with and is straight forward with his answers. As you can see in my signature below, I have both the Mig140 and the Invertig201. I am very pleased with both machines. Jeff or Diana, who I typically deal with, should be able to answer most of your questions regarding reliability, serviceability and difference between the machines.

Well their Toll free number don't work. Hopefully the regular one does. I'll have to call it when I get home from work then.

EDIT:

Maybe because I am in Canada....
    Last edited by Freestyle72; 05-26-2011 at 01:21 PM.