tell me about Lincoln AC-180
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

tell me about Lincoln AC-180

I bought a Lincoln Ac 180 AMP arc welder for $15.00 and was wondering when it was made. I took it apart to clean it up and to my surprise everything in it is copper. My friends newer miller welder has aluminum windings so I'm guessing this is a pretty good home welder. I also want to know if parts are available as the switch is kind of rusted but is working. The model # is AC-180-S and the code # is 5347-602. I did have to replace the the power cord and leads which cost more than the welder. I was also surprised to find that it had no fan on it. Thanks for any help.

kctgb

Re: tell me about Lincoln AC-180

The Lincoln site has the information you need.

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...s/support.aspx
    City of L.A. Structural; Manual & Semi-Automatic;
    "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore."
    Job 28:1,2

Lincoln, Miller, Victor & NKJV Bible

Danny

Re: tell me about Lincoln AC-180

You will have to call Lincoln ask about how old. All i can tell you is it was made in February
    19x6. The x stands for the decade and the serial number sheet I have does not go back that far for this model. The all copper welders did not have a fan, when Lincoln switched to aluminum for the weld windings they added the fan. The transformer leads are plated so the copper leads going to the switch can be soldered on.
    You should be able to get the line and range switches for your welder. They haven't been changed much over the years they have made this model.