400SMT bad main driver board...Any leads on a used one or who repairs?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

400SMT bad main driver board...Any leads on a used one or who repairs?

I've got two 400 SMT's that were both claimed to be DOA, and found that I was able to get one going by swapping the main driver board and interface PCB out with one from the other machine. By scoping the outputs to the SCR assemblies with the bad board I'm barely getting a tenth of a volt and an extremely noisy waveform, whereas the other driver board outputs a strong and stable PWM waveform around 5 VDC.

Arcon says they don't have a preferred company to rebuild this board, and a new OEM one is over $700 so finding a cheaper repair option would definitely be preferable, unless someone on here has some extra working boards or a machine they're parting out with a good main board.

Re: 400SMT bad main driver board...Any leads on a used one or who repairs?

look up on line for pcb repair, then call and ask if they can repair and what the price may be. If you know the rest of the welder is working might even offer to send the welder so they can make sure the pcb works after repair.

Hi greenbuggy,

It's been 18 months since you posted, I wondered if you ever found a solution for your 400SMT control board. Did you ever find someone to repair your board, or did you find a less expensive replacement board?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcPowTech View Post
    Hi greenbuggy,

It's been 18 months since you posted, I wondered if you ever found a solution for your 400SMT control board. Did you ever find someone to repair your board, or did you find a less expensive replacement board?
    Nope I ended up parting the second machine out.

Sorry to hear that. It's sad when a PowCon dies. At least hopefully the parts will keep some other units alive for a while.