Wiring leads on ac-225-s
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Wiring leads on ac-225-s

I was given an older Lincoln AC-225-S. The holes in front for the leads are side by side. On Lincoln's site it showed the holes to be vertical. Which one is the postive? I'll probably have to replace the existing cables. Is the one attached to the selector postive?

Re: Wiring leads on ac-225-s

If this is an AC only welder it makes no difference which one you make the stinger wire and which one you make the ground clamp wire as you do not have any positive or negative polarities on AC. On AC current, the positive and negative are alternating back and forth at a frequency of 60 hertz.

Only if this welder has DC capability then it will make a difference which wire gets the stinger and which wire gets the ground clamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rankrank1 View Post
    If this is an AC only welder it makes no difference which one you make the stinger wire and which one you make the ground clamp wire as you do not have any positive or negative polarities on AC. On AC current, the positive and negative are alternating back and forth at a frequency of 60 hertz.

Only if this welder has DC capability then it will make a difference which wire gets the stinger and which wire gets the ground clamp.
    Good answer

Thanks guys! That should get me going.