HTP Welders
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTP Welders

HTP Welders

Are they quality units, or Chinese made units?

Re: HTP Welders

No personal experience but several threads here reference them being made in china but I do believe the quality control is better that may other ChiCom branded machines. bet spend the dough and get a quality brand machine with good customer service and support . it will be cheaper in the long run
    4 Sale: GoWeld $395obo
    MM350P w/ Spoolmatic 30A
    ESAB 300AVS
    Everlast PowerTig 185 micro
    ESAB 875 plasma
    Evo 355. OA

They seem to be good welders.
    The larger ones of 240amps or so can be tried for 90 days and returned if not satisfied.
    The warranty used to be 3 years.
    They have been good to deal with,though my purchases have been small.
    Hobart T225
    HF 151/2 Cap mod
    HF 131/2 Cap mod
    Miller Cricket XL
    Century Portable Mig
    O/A

I dont think they are chicom think they are italian or something like that
    Millermatic 252
    millermatic 175
    miller 300 Thunderbolt
    lincoln ranger 250
    smith torches
    lots of bfh's
    If it dont fit get a bigger hammer

it is definitely hard to keep track of who makes what and where nowdays...
    MM350P w/ Spoolmatic 30A
    ESAB 300AVS
    ESAB 875 plasma
    Evo 355. OA

They are in fact made in Italy and from what I've seen are excellent welders especially on aluminum.

They just came out with the HTP invertig 221 220amp ac dc tig. It's an inverter basically does everything the dynasty 200dx and then some. Has individual amperage adjustment on AC so you can have different amperage on dcen than dcep. Also it comes in a dual voltage model but that one is more money. And it can do up to 999pps which is pretty damn good. I have been seriously thinking about one. For the 220V only option is $2395 and that comes with an air cooled torch and whatever else you need to get going. The dual voltage model I think was about $2900. I want one bad but can't bring myself to pull the trigger just yet.

Morgaj1,

Thanks for your interest in our welders. The country of origin depends on which machine you are referring to.

We are happy to answer any questions on our machines - generally the easiest and quickest way to get a question answered is to pick up the phone and call us - 1-800-USA-WELD (800-872-9353). And you will probably get the most accurate answers.

Our TIG Welders, Plasma Cutters, and the MIG 130 are all made in Italy. Many of the Lincoln Inverters are also made in Italy - I know the V205-T is for sure. All of our other Mig Welders (Mig 2400, Mig 200, Mig 160 and Mig 140) are made in Hungary. None of our welding equipment is made in China.

If you have any other questions we would be happy to answer them
    Jeff Noland

Drive a Lincoln
    Drink a Miller
    Weld with an HTP

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    They are in fact made in Italy and from what I've seen are excellent welders especially on aluminum.

They just came out with the HTP invertig 221 220amp ac dc tig. It's an inverter basically does everything the dynasty 200dx and then some. Has individual amperage adjustment on AC so you can have different amperage on dcen than dcep. Also it comes in a dual voltage model but that one is more money. And it can do up to 999pps which is pretty damn good. I have been seriously thinking about one. For the 220V only option is $2395 and that comes with an air cooled torch and whatever else you need to get going. The dual voltage model I think was about $2900. I want one bad but can't bring myself to pull the trigger just yet.
    Web site says nothing about dual voltage. Looks like 220 only. BTW, Dynasty will do 3 phase as well (kind of defeats the portability part if you actually use 3 phase).

At that price range you have to consider ESAB as well. (220V only - but ligh weight water cooler)
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Miller Multimatic 200
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Maxstar 200DX

The Esab machine looks like a nice unit, however, the 221 has more features than the Esab machine. AC frequency is adjustable from 20 to 200 Hz on the 221, and the Esab unit goes from 10 to 152 Hz. The Esab machine does not offer independent AC Amperage adjustment, which the 221 has, and the 221 is a package which includes the torch, pedal, and flowmeter.
    Jeff Noland

Drive a Lincoln
    Drink a Miller
    Weld with an HTP

not sure what HTP policy but I ESAB has a pretty good 100% satisfaction guarantee on anything u buy from them.http://www.esabna.com/us/en/support/...-guarantee.cfm
    If I was spending that kind of money on a machine I would be sure that was a local dealer stocking that brand of product and its consumables. Meaning that they actually carry several of the brands products on the showroom floor, not just we can order it.
    MM350P w/ Spoolmatic 30A
    ESAB 300AVS
    ESAB 875 plasma
    Evo 355. OA

Quote Originally Posted by con_fuse9 View Post
    Web site says nothing about dual voltage. Looks like 220 only. BTW, Dynasty will do 3 phase as well (kind of defeats the portability part if you actually use 3 phase).

At that price range you have to consider ESAB as well. (220V only - but ligh weight water cooler)
    Not sure which website you are talking about. But i saw the dual voltage one here:
    http://www.usaweld.com/TIG-WELDER-In...70221-12.5.htm

It's $500 more. And if you scroll to the bottom of the page you can see what the outputs are on 110V

Southpaw, HTP has a 90 day money back guarantee. Buy the welder, use it in your shop for 90 days, and if for any reason you don't like it we will take it back.

It is a no questions asked guarantee - if you don't like the shade of red, you can return it.
    Jeff Noland

Drive a Lincoln
    Drink a Miller
    Weld with an HTP

That's goo to know. Definitley worth taking a closer look at HTP machines.
    MM350P w/ Spoolmatic 30A
    ESAB 300AVS
    ESAB 875 plasma
    Evo 355. OA

I seriously considered these machines for TIG, esp the smaller ones. I've been buying their TIG consumables for some time now and have been really impressed by their quality selection and value. What can I say... I'm a real fan.

we have only 2 lws's in my area and they deal only in lincoln, miller, hypertherm and thermal dynamics. thought about esab but dealer support wasn't local.
    225NT bobcat
    AEAD200LE
    Scott 125
    mm175, mm252 w 30A, PT225
    mm211, TA 181i
    Hyper Therm 380, cut master 52
    9100X & XX, Digital Elite
    6 Victor sets
    smith little torch, meco midget
    kalamazoo band saw
    steel max saw
    evoulution circular saw

I have the Invertig 201 and could not be any happier.
    I initially bought it for Aluminum. Its so smooth I use it for everything now.
    The only thing that I have to complain about, After I bought the 201 they had to come out with the 221!

I also have the MicroCut 625.. Serious little work horse..

Next on my list is the MTS 160 and the MIG 2400
    Dont be afraid to get on the phone with them.. They are very helpful.

Mike Akin
    The only stupid question is the one that was never asked.

The OP question "Are they quality units, or Chinese made units?" made me think; why does it have to be one or the other? Is everything made in China suppoesdly 'bad'?
    I can't bring myself to think that unless it says Kemppi or Fronius on the box its poor quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff N View Post
    The Esab machine looks like a nice unit, however, the 221 has more features than the Esab machine. AC frequency is adjustable from 20 to 200 Hz on the 221, and the Esab unit goes from 10 to 152 Hz. The Esab machine does not offer independent AC Amperage adjustment, which the 221 has, and the 221 is a package which includes the torch, pedal, and flowmeter.

Does the 221 have the wave shaping ability, like soft wave settings of the Dynasty 200? Also a Mircro DC pulse of the Swedish Esab machine? They all bring something different to the table. The HTP seems to bring the level of the Dynasty 350 down to the 200 + class welders.
    Esab 1600 Powercut
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Lincoln LN-25 Pro
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    Tweco 141i
    Shopmate 300 /Lincoln LF-72
    Victor A-120

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Llundberg View Post
    The OP question "Are they quality units, or Chinese made units?" made me think; why does it have to be one or the other? Is everything made in China suppoesdly 'bad'?
    I can't bring myself to think that unless it says Kemppi or Fronius on the box its poor quality.
    I agree, china gets a bad rep because of all the cheap inverter units you see for sale on ebay, that are either DOA or break within a few months of use. The new Sanrex/Thermal Arc machines are now being manufactured in China, but they are still of equal quality to a lincoln or miller.

There is not one good thing that China has done for me. They manufacture substandard things and have no problem ripping off others designs.

Poor quality. Low morales.
    Tim Beeker.

I would LOVE to afford a Kemppi as well but I can't afford AU$5,500 so I have to buy chinese if I want a welder. Either that or go without.

Quote Originally Posted by Llundberg View Post
    I couldn't afford to get a decent AC/DC TIG setup right now, so I ended up buying a Thermal Arc 161. I have to say, it is as good as a Miller/Lincoln/Hobart machine and is made in China by Sanrex. I retract my original statement.

Tells us more about your experience with the 161s.

Whatever you do.. Don't get a Plasmadyn
    http://www.plasmadyn.com/
    That guy raked my a$$ over the coals!

My second machine (After the first DOA) worked for a couple of months welding mild steel.
    It took a crap and I tried for 6 months to get it fixed. After getting no where with the owner of Plasmadyn.
    I found a company that fixes Chinese units. They stated they could fix all Chinese units.
    I sent them the unit and they couldn't fix it.
    They said it was put together with used parts..Soldering and wiring were atrocious.
    The board was even cracked.
    I kept the machine extremely clean and never welded anything close to a duty cycle limit.

In all, I am out of close to $1000.00
    Never again.. Never!

Mike
    The only stupid question is the one that was never asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay O View Post
    Tells us more about your experience with the 161s.
    I have used it several times and really like it. It is small and very well made. The arc is very smooth and predictable. I really like that the grounding clamp and electrode holder are Tweco brand. I bought mine from cyberweld and was very happy with them. If I had it to do over again, I would have bought the 161S package that includes the TIG torch and regulator. It is W1003603.