The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!! - Page 23
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 551 to 560 of 560
  1. #551
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    66

    Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
    Noticed the converter and plugs, what's the standard line voltage there? 230/240V?

    Silver paint turned out well, looks good. Never used that on a project, I'm boring and prefer plaim old black or blue lol.
    Thank you, I only chose silver because with the sun here....black gets WAY to hot to touch.
    The standard line voltage here is 230V with only one hot leg. That concerned me when I brought the welder to Zambia, because at home (Ohio) my power line was 3 wires, made up of 1 ground wire and 2 hot 110V wires. But here they use 3 wires, 1 ground, 1 neutral, and 1 wire with 230V on it, and I was worried that it would blow up my welder. I inquired online and got several different opinions, most said I would have to get a transformer to split the power between 2 wires. I finally got a hold of the technical rep at the welder manufacturer, and he assured me that the welder would run just fine here with only 1 hot wire instead of 2. Fortunately he knew what he was talking about, it works just fine!

  2. #552
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,849

    Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

    Nice cart but it needs a bottle and holder. I would burn a crescent shaped hole the size of a bottle out the top angle iron where the white rag is laying, cut a hole in the expanded metal for a smaller size bottle to go through, go around the hole in the expanded metal with some 1" X 1/8 flat stock, and to secure the tank, slide 1/4" fuel line of over and bend 1/4" all thread to form a U bolt that goes around the tank and through the top angle iron frame member.

  3. #553
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    66

    Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    Nice cart but it needs a bottle and holder. I would burn a crescent shaped hole the size of a bottle out the top angle iron where the white rag is laying, cut a hole in the expanded metal for a smaller size bottle to go through, go around the hole in the expanded metal with some 1" X 1/8 flat stock, and to secure the tank, slide 1/4" fuel line of over and bend 1/4" all thread to form a U bolt that goes around the tank and through the top angle iron frame member.
    Thank you. When I find a good source for gas and solid wire here in Zambia, I will try that. I hate to lose the workspace by putting the bottle inside the cart area, but that's probably where it needs to be located for stability.

  4. #554
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,849

    Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hpbcrillo View Post
    Thank you. When I find a good source for gas and solid wire here in Zambia, I will try that. I hate to lose the workspace by putting the bottle inside the cart area, but that's probably where it needs to be located for stability.
    Cool to have a member from Zambia, be sure to keep posting your projects and being generous with your opinions on all things.

  5. #555
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    66

    Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    Cool to have a member from Zambia, be sure to keep posting your projects and being generous with your opinions on all things.
    Thanks, gonna try to start on the cargo rack for the Toyota Surf roof...gonna have to find a different thread to post in, as this one is Welding carts. Have a good day!

  6. #556
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hallieford, VA
    Posts
    2,802

    Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hpbcrillo View Post
    Thanks, gonna try to start on the cargo rack for the Toyota Surf roof...gonna have to find a different thread to post in, as this one is Welding carts. Have a good day!
    Welcome from Virginia! To start your thread, just go to this link and click on "post new thread".
    http://weldingweb.com/forumdisplay.p...s-amp-Pictures
    Jerry
    30+ yrs Army Infantry & Field Artillery, 24 yrs ago

    Miller 350LX Tig Runner
    TA 210, spool gun
    Lincoln 250/250 IdealArc
    ESAB PCM 500i Plasma
    Kazoo 30" vert BS
    Kazoo 9x16 horiz BS
    Clausing 12x24 lathe
    20T Air Press

  7. #557
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    66

    Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by storeman View Post
    Welcome from Virginia! To start your thread, just go to this link and click on "post new thread".
    http://weldingweb.com/forumdisplay.p...s-amp-Pictures
    Jerry
    Thank you, wasn't sure how to do that. Hope to start cutting and fabbing in the next few days! Will post it as I go.

  8. #558
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    19

    Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hpbcrillo View Post
    Thank you, I only chose silver because with the sun here....black gets WAY to hot to touch.
    The standard line voltage here is 230V with only one hot leg. That concerned me when I brought the welder to Zambia, because at home (Ohio) my power line was 3 wires, made up of 1 ground wire and 2 hot 110V wires. But here they use 3 wires, 1 ground, 1 neutral, and 1 wire with 230V on it, and I was worried that it would blow up my welder. I inquired online and got several different opinions, most said I would have to get a transformer to split the power between 2 wires. I finally got a hold of the technical rep at the welder manufacturer, and he assured me that the welder would run just fine here with only 1 hot wire instead of 2. Fortunately he knew what he was talking about, it works just fine!
    Dang that's crazy, I'd have been scratching my head too. Glad you got it sorted.

  9. #559
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17

    Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

    This is the first project in a very long time. I have a lot of practice i need to do for other projects:
    Name:  IMG_9631 (Medium).jpg
Views: 102
Size:  81.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_9636 (Medium).jpg
Views: 101
Size:  93.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  10. #560
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,823

    Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

    Nice one,

    I like the higher than usual tank securing point.

    The larger pneumatic wheels too, for rolling on gravel, if needed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    This is the first project in a very long time. I have a lot of practice i need to do for other projects:
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

    www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

    Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement