The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!! - Page 22
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Re: The Welding Cart Thread... Post 'Em Up!!

I was laughing at the dog pissing comment. Good points on the height, It is low for sure I just liked the compact look. I don't weld as much as you guys so that spool will probably last me a year so I doubt I'll be fidgeting with it too much once I get the settings dialed in. As you can tell I like using the red Harbor freight wheels cant beat $7 for a pneumatic tire. It's done for now until I figure out a handle setup.

Name:  IMG_4083.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  237.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    IMO the welder sets to close to the ground...not only is the machine down in the dust, but it's more apt to get damaged from getting bumped. Then to, to adjust the machine or change wire you need to bend over or get down on your knees to do it. Then there is the problem of the machine setting at the perfect dog whizzing range. Nice workmanship though.
    Dave, someday you can buy a Miller cover for your welder, it's a nice looking unit, if it fits your needs that's what important. Have fun but maybe look into getting the cover water proofed.

Name:  IMG_0219.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  182.8 KBName:  IMG_0214 (2).jpg
Views: 492
Size:  131.2 KBName:  IMG_0215.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  182.0 KB

Nice drawer and work table, looks like you used the wheels off the welding machine, good idea. A piece of 1/8 plate on top would be nice.

Thanks, I just use the top for tools. Heavier wheels and I could beat on the top though. Never gave it a thought, thanks. The original idea was just to make the spool gun handy.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist2 View Post
    Thanks, I just use the top for tools. Heavier wheels and I could beat on the top though. Never gave it a thought, thanks. The original idea was just to make the spool gun handy.
    You did good, it's going to work out well for you.

How do you all secure the welder to the cart? Bolts through the bottom of the welder?

yes, it's bolted

The cart is stainless, a good 14 years old now.

Here's my cart I made several years ago for my MP210. It's on an old industrial cart and has a fold out welding table extension. It has served me well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

1990 Miller Dialarc 250
    1993 Miller Maxstar 140 STR
    2015 Lincoln MP210
    1966 Lincoln SA200 Redface

Steve, that is an awesome cart/table!

Yeah,

That's clever work station.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

Quote Originally Posted by s4cruiser View Post
    Finished up my cart this weekend. Finally warm enough for some paint.

Very nice, Love the design.

Quote Originally Posted by sqznby View Post
    Very nice, Love the design.
    Thanks. In practice it's proven to be a bit too big for my home shop. It works but is sometimes a challenge to squeeze by the lift / vehicle etc.

It's got style!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    Here's my cart I made several years ago for my MP210. It's on an old industrial cart and has a fold out welding table extension. It has served me well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks great! More pictures of this would be great inspiration. I still haven't built mine yet. *sigh* Need to find the time.
    ----
    Hobart Handler 175

I came across an interesting "cart" for small inverter welders in this YouTube video:

It's basically a cylinder cart with a shelf welded near the top to hold the welder above a shorter argon cylinder. Looks pretty slick for places where floor space is at a premium.

Name:  Inverter Welding Cart.png
Views: 324
Size:  943.0 KB

Name:  Inverter Welding Cart 2.png
Views: 321
Size:  1.08 MB

Super easy welding cart

Name:  IMG_1127.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  122.5 KBName:  IMG_1128.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  208.5 KBName:  IMG_1129.jpg
Size:  179.1 KBName:  IMG_1130.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  161.4 KBName:  IMG_1151.jpg
Size:  68.9 KB

I have been making these really easy and very cost effective welding carts for a while now. I just made one this weekend for my new 200 amp Stic/Tig welder and figure some of you guys might be interested in building one. I have added a picture of my print incase anyone wants the dimensions. This cart can be built from 20ft of 1'' x 1'' x 1/8'' angle, one 12'' x 48'' x 1/8'' plate, and two 4'' casters. The handle and lead hangers are made from bending some 3/8'' rebar.

Quote Originally Posted by PBateman View Post
    Name:  IMG_1127.jpg
Size:  122.5 KBName:  IMG_1128.jpg
Size:  208.5 KBName:  IMG_1129.jpg
Size:  179.1 KBName:  IMG_1130.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  161.4 KBName:  IMG_1151.jpg
Size:  68.9 KB

I have been making these really easy and very cost effective welding carts for a while now. I just made one this weekend for my new 200 amp Stic/Tig welder and figure some of you guys might be interested in building one. I have added a picture of my print incase anyone wants the dimensions. This cart can be built from 20ft of 1'' x 1'' x 1/8'' angle, one 12'' x 48'' x 1/8'' plate, and two 4'' casters. The handle and lead hangers are made from bending some 3/8'' rebar.
    Nice carts but I would chose smooth HRS rod instead of the re bar for your handles and electrode holders, or I would slide hose over the re bar cable holders to keep the re bar from chafing your cables and electrode holder. Just to share handle idea's here is how I made mine so they store out of the way when the machines are parked.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Just wanted to give a shout out here.
    typical story, I had to knock out a project in aluminum so I borrowed my buddy's set up. decided I liked it so I sold my ****ty hand-me-down MIG and bought a real TIG machine. Needed some more experience with aluminum so I decided to do put some pieces together and the next thing I knew I was building a cart for my new machine. Spent quite a bit of time on here looking at everyone else's set ups getting some great ideas. I took all the stuff I liked and tried to make one super cart. Here's what I got:
    Name:  IMG_8997.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  105.7 KB
    Under the handle I have an accessories GFCI for plugging in grinders and other power tools. Also, I get so sick of watching my torch bounce around on the ground so I added a torch holder last minute.
    Name:  IMG_8998.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  88.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_8999.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  50.9 KB
    Filler rod holder, argon bottle drop down, and chain. why is it everything looks wonky in photos? I swear it's square... mostly.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Name:  IMG_9003.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  83.9 KBName:  IMG_9005.jpg
Size:  80.0 KB

The casters are all drilled, tapped, and bolted onto the cart, which I'm really glad I took the time to do because they turned out super solid.
    Name:  IMG_9004.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  88.8 KB
    The back side has four 5' tall hooks for leads, which makes wrapping up a 25' tip handle super easy. it also keeps my leads for my TIG and my cutter separate.
    Name:  IMG_9006.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  108.9 KB
    I'm sure you all noticed the circuit breaker box in the bottom of the cart. I happened upon a free 50' 240v 50amp NEMA 14-50 power cord through no mischievous wrong-doing on my part... I swear! so I decided to wire the cart up for it's on power supply. the cart plugs in the wall in my shop. and has 2 50 amp NEMA 6-50 plugs on it for my TIG and cutter, which are always plugged in. each on their own separate circuit in the cart. The accessories outlet on the front is also on a 30 amp circuit. so when you plug the cart in everything has power and is good to go. the cart itself can only draw 50amps @240 so you can't run both machines at the same time, but i'm never going to do that anyway as I only have two hands. it's just nice to not have to unplug/plug/replug **** in all the time. here's a look at the power cable hanging on the back. it's great because the cable is so long I can plug it in the the one outlet I have access to and use my welder anywhere in my shop.
    Name:  IMG_9007.jpg
Size:  92.3 KB

I also plumbed a air hose quick connect fitting on the front of the cart under the handle for the plasma cutter so all you have to do is walk up and hook an air hose to the front and it's ready to cut. but I don't have any pictures of it. I'll add some tomorrow if I get around to it.

Thanks again for all the ideas I got from on here. let me know what you guys think!
    also, please don't judge my welds too badly, this is only the second TIG project I've done. lol. still getting the hang of the whole two-handed thing.

josh.
    Last edited by JoshJosh; 10-07-2017 at 12:48 AM.