Longevity Lp-50d plasma
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Longevity Lp-50d plasma

Ok, so I have this machine that was only used for about a year. And it was barely used. I heard a bang, and now it doesnt work anymore. I had 3 mosfets replaced with the toshiba replacements. Im guessing its something common, but I have since purchased a hypertherm, and this has been taking up space. Im selling it as-is. it worked perfect before it stopped. Cord/gun assy is in great shape. the machine was maybe used for one of two months out of the year. $100 plus shipping. Use it for parts if you wish, or diagnose it yourself and make a buck. I am new on this forum, but feel free to contact me, and I can give you my name on other forums.

thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Longevity Lp-50d plasma

That sucks dude

Dont those things have a warranty?
    "Overkill is an often under-rated achievement" -Will Hayden

HTP Mig 2400
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Lincoln Precision Tig 225
    Longevity StickWeld 250
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187

a.k.a ChuckE2009 on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by graphite9 View Post
    it worked perfect before it stopped.!

Good to hear it worked before it stopped.
    Kemppi Pro Evolution 4200
    Kemppi 530 wire feed with MXE panel
    Cigweld TransTig 200 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PowerMax45
    CutSkill O/A setup
    Speedglas 9000x adflow
    Speedglas 9100xx
    2 Labs

All at home!

That reminds me of the used car warranty joke:

"If it breaks in two, you own both pieces"

Graphite,

We offer repair on the machine if you send it in with a trained repair technician. We can also offer an upgrade to our more reliable IGBT plasma cutter line which we introduced years after we produced those Blue MOSFET machines.

We are very sorry you experienced a product failure with our cutter.

Thanks,

Simon
    LONGEVITY Welding
    Best Prices On Welding Equipment
    Phone: 877-566-4462

I may be interested, where you located? I wonder how much shipping would cost.
    Single phase 230v I take it?
    Last edited by MikeGyver; 08-11-2011 at 06:01 AM.
    Welding/Fab Pics: www.UtahWeld.com

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
    I may be interested, where you located? I wonder how much shipping would cost.
    Single phase 230v I take it?
    REALLY??!!

I would pm a few old timers here and ask their opinion before spending your money. I have a rock that i would sell you and it is smaller and lighter and would be cheaper on the shipping. I would even knock off 10% on the price. That would bring the total down to $90 dollars. If you jump on it today, I will throw in free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Young View Post
    REALLY??!!

I would pm a few old timers here and ask their opinion before spending your money. I have a rock that i would sell you and it is smaller and lighter and would be cheaper on the shipping. I would even knock off 10% on the price. That would bring the total down to $90 dollars. If you jump on it today, I will throw in free shipping.
    lol, I fix/design/learn electronics for fun
    If nothing else I'd probably get some good components out of it for my other projects.
    Last edited by MikeGyver; 08-11-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    Welding/Fab Pics: www.UtahWeld.com

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
    lol, I fix/design/learn electronics for fun
    If nothing else I'd probably get some good components out of it for my other projects.
    Their are no good components in it. A better deal is to come get it for free.
    I.B.E.W Electrician and Damn Proud of It !!!! .
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/

Quote Originally Posted by longevity-inc.com View Post
    Graphite,

We offer repair on the machine if you send it in with a trained repair technician. We can also offer an upgrade to our more reliable IGBT plasma cutter line which we introduced years after we produced those Blue MOSFET machines.

We are very sorry you experienced a product failure with our cutter.

Thanks,

Simon
    where exactly does one find a trained repair technician? and wouldn't it be kind of expensive to ship a technician with the machine? If one had a technician to ship with the machine why would one even need to ship the machine in the first place.... That sounds like a typical Chicom warranty
    4 Sale: GoWeld $395obo
    MM350P w/ Spoolmatic 30A
    ESAB 300AVS
    Everlast PowerTig 185 micro
    ESAB 875 plasma
    Evo 355. OA

Dam!, you beat me to it...

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    where exactly does one find a trained repair technician? and wouldn't it be kind of expensive to ship a technician with the machine? If one had a technician to ship with the machine why would one even need to ship the machine in the first place.... That sounds like a typical Chicom warranty

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    We have have some dealers that are electrical engineers and we can also repair locally in Hayward, CA. We do not want a customer to give up on our brand or be left out. If the unit is under warranty, we cover it 100%. If not, we still can repair at a much cheaper price than any other brand in the market.

One good thing about LONGEVITY is parts are always in stock and there are over 2000 units on hand! I went to the warehouse to take a photo of our warehouse operation.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  74.5 KB
    LONGEVITY Welding

I suspect that if the purchaser pays the $100 and the shipping and then send the unit in, the warantee want be any good due to him not being the original purchaser. Secondly, by the time he ships the unit to you have it repaired and then have it shipped back, he will have enough invested into it to have purchased a new machine. The real problem I see is, there hasn't been a single time in the history of this forum that someone sends a unit in for repair has had to do it repeatedly at least 34 times. If you add up all the monies spend in shipping, repairing, frustration, and still lack of a usable unit, you can go out and buy a hypertherm or thermal dynamics.

again, I have a rock I am sure you will proud to own. My rock is a leader in the rock industry. My rock can do...no...out perform any rock in its weight class. and if anyone tells you it is a piece of dried dog poo, I can assure you...I can promise you, that if it turns out that it is dried dog doo, then there was a mix up in shipping and not my fault.

My rock is better than your rock. My rock is provided under the Creative Commons license and infringes no rock intellectual property. You may do with it what you like.

My rock has an impeccable warranty. I warrant it to be a rock, divisible into smaller rocks, gravel and sand with the use of proper accessories purchased elsewhere.

Unlike the Longevity, no parts have been replaced in my rock.

I also have dried dog doo available and will combine shipping. The finest Cocker Spaniel, which will be shipped straight from the source.

For both rock (my choice) and doo, shipped CONUS flat rate, I'll take a new Hypertherm (a small one will do).

I'll sell **** and buy quality for myself.

Sticks and stones I assume applies here (nothing we haven't heard). Bottom line, if you are covered under warranty, you get what you pay for us warrantying your product. If your warranty expired, you have no proof of purchase or you simply have another brand machine, we will still help repair it cheaper than the leading or other brands. Our repair bills do not come anywhere near the leading brands or of what I have read on the forums. Hopefully, in the next year or two, a repair facility will be in your town so you do not have to worry about shipping even though shipping + cost of repair is still at least 50% less than an out of warranty unit with another brand.

As we sell more and more products each year and continue advertising the industry leading warranty, we continue to increase the count of our techs and service centers to meet demands of repairs for all brands not just our own.

Simon
    510-887-7090 x201
    LONGEVITY Welding

My unit is less than 3 years old. I already FOUGHT with longevity over and over. I'm done with it. I paid around $500 for it. Im a trustworthy person, for $100, you can't lose. Use it for parts. Longevity alone wants $20 for 1 mosfet, so this unit is worth more than $100 right there. Longevity, your customer service is terrible, and I will never buy a product from you again. I already went down this path, and I'm done dealing with longevity. This machine is pretty much sold already. For the price, its worth it, I'm sorry, but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Young View Post
    REALLY??!!

Most likely it needs under $100 in repairs. Now you have a plasma cutter that has been gone through, with light use for $200. please find me an operating plasma comparable in that price range.....

Sticks and stones I assume applies here
    Look what you guys started! Now they are in the rock business as well. ( probably used "stones" instead to aviod copyright infringement)

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

Most likely it needs under $100 in repairs. Now you have a plasma cutter that has been gone through, with light use for $200. please find me an operating plasma comparable in that price range.....
    you are sounding as dishonest as Longevity!! if it is so great a deal WHY DONT YOU spend "the less than $100" and have a plasma not worth $200!!

Trying to pawn off your junk on someone else and lie about what a great deal it is sounds as if you could get a job with Longevity.

If it is worth more in parts then why don't you part it out?? I don't get people like you. Just becasue you got burnt, lied to, and had your money wasted you want to do that to someone else? Really? Well good luck, there is a sucker born everyday, You will eventually find a buyer.

Edit: I am sorry for your troubles with Longevity.

^^ I love how you call people dishonest. So quick to throw around judgement. I have bought sold over $15k for my personal auto hobbies, not ONE single issue on my behalf. I just had a guy from california send me a $7,000 check in my name, in the mail, for a vehicle for me to ship to him. Never seen the vehicle, never met me person. Why don't I part it out? because I don't care to dink around with it anymore. I have moved on. I bought a VW jetta from a buddy of mine for $100. He didn't want to replace a $40 part. Sometimes you just dont want to deal with it. I've moved on.

We have have some dealers that are electrical engineers and we can also repair locally in Hayward, CA. We do not want a customer to give up on our brand or be left out. If the unit is under warranty, we cover it 100%. If not, we still can repair at a much cheaper price than any other brand in the market.

One good thing about LONGEVITY is parts are always in stock and there are over 2000 units on hand! I went to the warehouse to take a photo of our warehouse operation.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  74.5 KB
    Seeing a warehouse full of that stuff makes me
    nauseous !!!!!
    I.B.E.W Electrician and Damn Proud of It !!!! .
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/

^^ I love how you call people dishonest. So quick to throw around judgement. I have bought sold over $15k for my personal auto hobbies, not ONE single issue on my behalf. I just had a guy from california send me a $7,000 check in my name, in the mail, for a vehicle for me to ship to him. Never seen the vehicle, never met me person. Why don't I part it out? because I don't care to dink around with it anymore. I have moved on. I bought a VW jetta from a buddy of mine for $100. He didn't want to replace a $40 part. Sometimes you just dont want to deal with it. I've moved on.
    before we go too far down this road, I am going to apologize. You are right. I said you were sounding dishonest. I don't know you. You may be a great guy who simply got burned. We all know Longevity, though. I just would hate to see a guy buy a machine and loose more money on it when he could be saving his money to buy something of value. If it were me, I would find an older person who had money to burn and had a hobby in electronics making gizmos. I would give it to him. I would highly discourage anyone trying to use it as it was intended due to the fact that it would be an exercise in futility and an endless supply in frustration. Only those who still try and make a HHO generator replace gasoline would find it a good deal. Those people are at the top of my list when I think of patience.

friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky#1 View Post
    Seeing a warehouse full of that stuff makes me
    nauseous !!!!!
    Man, I have been constipated all week. I needed that picture. I found that picture moving. I had to stay consistent with my rock selling.

Funny, I dont know anyone that lost money with our product when covered under warranty and within our terms and policy!

I know you haven't Scott!
    LONGEVITY Welding

Is their a template for these threads some place. They always go the same way. Bought junk now mad enter dealer not our fault blah blah blah.
    Millermatic 252
    millermatic 175
    miller 300 Thunderbolt
    lincoln ranger 250
    smith torches
    lots of bfh's
    If it dont fit get a bigger hammer