auto darkening welding helmet - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: auto darkening welding helmet

I've a question for the experts: Does the reaction time of the different AD lenses make much difference after a certain point? I see some advertised as darkening in 1/22,000 second, my Hobart XVS is supposed to do it in 1/12,000 sec, and the Miller auto lens mentioned above by JoeMayo does it in 1/3,600 sec.

The Miller is by far the slowest, but I doubt they would be selling a marginal safety product....

i brought a miller eliete it was a sweet helmet i loved the head gear .............. but sadly they dont appreciate being droped after 2 months it fell off the top of my tool box and cracked the lens

im now getting a speedglass

i dont use a AD unless i have to. they always make my eyes sore at the end of the day.
    Miller Pro 300 SS w/ cat
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Miller Diversion 165
    Miller 211
    Miller Xtreme 375
    Miller 12vs
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller Passport Plus w/ Spool Gun
    Miller 30a spoolmatic
    Lincoln AC225 Buzz Box
    Mathey Dearman - H&M

Ramona, Oklahoma

I bought a Miller auto darkening lens for my Fibre Metal pipeliner and I love it. Bought it a month ago and no problems as of yet.

No matter how fast a lens speed is on a auto darkening helmet it is not fast enough. Light will always reach your eyes before it will darken. The speed of light is 59,014,137,600 feet per second. So a standard non darkening lens is the best you can get.

The thing that makes a good auto darkening lens is the way it is made and the UV protection it has to help keep the harmful light rays from reaching your eyes.
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Repair
    Tec.Mo. Wholesale Distributor and Dealer
    Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's.

I have a miller lens in my pipeliner and a speedglas for tig.
    The miller lens tends to flash sometimes when doing tig. (somehow only when I'm doing 6g with my left hand?) I will be switching to a athermal gold lens in my pipeliner for tig only.