Lincoln - Super Visibility - lenses
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Lincoln - Super Visibility - lenses

I like to use the old conventional style hood. The type of lenses I use are by Lincoln Electric. The name of the lens is called " super visibility". It's also written right on the lens. They come wrapped in paper when you buy them. I use a number 11. The last time I stocked up on them, they were about twice the price of a normal lens, which made them less than 4 bucks apiece. They are only made in a 4x2" size.

Now I recently ordered 7 more from my local distributor. They were under 2 bucks a piece. They arrived packaged in plastic, and the filter has more green in them. Junk is what they are. The package says Lincoln super visibility on them, but it's a hoax.

Does anyone know of any shops that may have some old stock, or know where I can find some number 11s. When I say old, I mean in the last 2 years.

This is a real shame on Lincoln.

Re: Lincoln - Super Visibility - lenses

I only use the gold lenses now.

But I can tell you the old gold plated glass filters were better. Now I can't find anything other than plastic.
    "Nothing welded, nothing gained."
    Miller Dynasty700DX, 3 ea. Dynasty350DX, Dynasty280DX,Dynasty200DX, ThermalArc 400 GTSW, MillerMatic350P, MillerMatic200 with spoolgun, MKCobraMig260, Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm 1250, Hypertherm800

I use and have used that same lense for many years. There is a place called Alpha equipment repair in Harrison twp Michigan. That's where I get mine and they come in the paper packaging. I don't have their phone number but I think you could find it.

Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts.

There are a few on ebay, not sure about any # 11's. But hold onto your wallet, one went for $150.00 last week.
    Dynasty 300.
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    SG Spool gun

LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200.
    5 SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw
    Powermax 1250, CNC table.
    PROFAX Welding Positioner.

That 150.00 didn't sell. That was the asking price. Actually if you get into looking at the buyers and sellers history, it looks fishy. All the different pictures look to similar to be from all those different sellers. The #10 that sold for 9.99 is more like it. Heck, for a 150.00, I'd just hire someone else to do my welding. But thanks for the comments guys.

We were just talking about these lenses on the job a few months ago.
    I was told that they don't make them in the US anymore.
    The new ones are supposedly now made in China, but to Lincoln specs.

Right, they say China on the wrapper. They are about .015 thinner. And have a tad more green to them. They also cost about a dollar fifty less. They are made of glass instead of plastic. They have nice rounded edges. And as often as I've dropped them, they are pretty resistant to breaking.

I could've swore one sold for $150.00, because I remember saying to my wife, what recession these people are crazy!
    I still have some in my to watch list, #8 went for 49.99 + 5.00 shipping. Another #8 went for 91.00 + 5.00 shipping. #10 went for 91.00 + 10.00 shipping.
    I remember buying some a few years ago, cost more to mail them, than there actual price.
    Dynasty 300.
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    SG Spool gun

LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200.
    5 SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw

I tried these new supervisibility lens out after using the original supervisibility lens for over 20 years. I burned my eyes with them. They were #8.

A friend last year was complaining about his eyes hurting all the time and one day I ask him what lens he was using, he said Lincoln supervisibility #8. I checked the lens and it was also the cheap Chinese version so I told him mine burnt my eyes every day I used it so he changed his lens out for a different brand #8 - and his eye pain went away. Now he tells everyone he meets not to use them. Me too. lol

Get a battery auto lens. Both me and him now use these and we both say we will never go back to a normal dark glass lens. Get a good one. Mine was $160.00 and it is by far a real - "supervisibility"

Good luck man
    Last edited by slowhand; 08-31-2011 at 08:19 PM.

slowhand, but it's just so hard to break old habits.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dynasty 300.
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    SG Spool gun

LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200.
    5 SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw

Hay I know. I used supervisibility lens from 1980 up until 2010 when I messed up my last spare and couldn't get anything but those china made ones which messed up my eyes. That's when I got my battery auto lens and I must say I love it. Its every bit as clear as I remember my old lincoln lens to be - and it's auto to boot. lol

Have a good evening guys