Razorweld Tig Welder 200 amp ac/dc - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Razorweld Tig Welder 200 amp ac/dc

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Depends,
    If a machine has dual schedule option, then saving another setting is mandatory to get it to work. It's a great option on a tig machine using a button control on the torch.. Means you can use a button to control different welding parameters you might need in AC welding.. My Esab 2200i has it, and it's great to use.. Automation can use some settings too, but most will never go there with their units..
    For automation I can see it being very useful but for most normal use I don't see it as being beneficial. I can weld a joint at 160amps, 70hz, 30% balance and then do the same joint at 200 amps, 200hz, 25% balance and still get the same results. I feel it's more of a handicap for some people. I guess for people that are learning it could be useful too. I am always changing my settings or just rolling with what it's set on and make my hands do the work, but that all comes with experience too.
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    CK Tig Welder
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    RazorMig 180 & Spoolgun
    Vipercut 30 Plasma
    Razorweld, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas & MBC Dealer and more

I think you are missing my point.. It can allow you to use different starting amps for getting a puddle wet, and one for welding amps.. This is with a button control on the torch.. There is zero settings you can make to match the features of a well setup dual schedule machine.. This is for out of position control using a simple button control.. It works well. Ft control would work for dual schedule too. Being a limited to 200/220 amps it would have some interesting benefits to getting the puddle going by changing parameters on thicker ac welding.. It flat out works, and is memory too.. Just not 5 or 10 settings.. Two only....One thing you can't do is start the puddle at 40 hz, different cleaning like way over to dc, and swap over to a more normal setting for finishing the weld bead. This helps getting something hot without HE, and preheat. Flat out works well..
    Esab 2200i-TA34 Sweden
    Esab C-160i Poland
    Hypertherm 45XP US
    Lincoln LF-72/LN-25 pro feeders US
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Japan
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s Japan
    Thermal 38XL US

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    Tell us about the software updates performed and the process? Do users have to option to perform? This sounds interesting.

Lift arc option incorporated yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dillon/Henrob/Cobra 2000, Victor 100FC, Meco-N-Midget, Hobart HH187, Miller Thunderbolt 225AC, Razorweld Vipercut 30A Plasma, and lots of grinders

Quote Originally Posted by techno View Post
    Tell us about the software updates performed and the process? Do users have to option to perform? This sounds interesting.
    This software is something I requested and did beta testing on. The only ones that get it are the ones that order it from me (to my knowledge). The upgrade is done at Razorweld It's 2 parts. Post flow countdown timer and getting 120amps on 110v input. Standard was 90amps output on 110v input before.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTN View Post
    Lift arc option incorporated yet?

Nope. I will discuss options when I see them this year to see if there are any changes planned. I have a few in mind I would like. Some cool stuff coming out next year though
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    CK Tig Welder
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    RazorMig 180 & Spoolgun
    Vipercut 30 Plasma

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    This software is something I requested and did beta testing on. The only ones that get it are the ones that order it from me (to my knowledge). The upgrade is done at Razorweld It's 2 parts. Post flow countdown timer and getting 120amps on 110v input. Standard was 90amps output on 110v input before.

Nope. I will discuss options when I see them this year to see if there are any changes planned. I have a few in mind I would like. Some cool stuff coming out next year though

Dillon/Henrob/Cobra 2000, Victor 100FC, Meco-N-Midget, Hobart HH187, Miller Thunderbolt 225AC, Razorweld Vipercut 30A Plasma, and lots of grinders

If new features are added, will older units (mine) be able to be flashed?
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    If new features are added, will older units (mine) be able to be flashed?
    That's to say IF anything is added. They may want to keep it as is, who knows what will happen. I will talk to them and see if anything is in the works or if anything is possible
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    CK Tig Welder
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    RazorMig 180 & Spoolgun
    Vipercut 30 Plasma

Sweet.
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

Any recent updates on this Razor Weld Tig? Has lift arc been incorporated yet? How does it weld so far? Any issues? How thick of materials, such as aluminum have you welded with it? Any new features added? Did you get a chance to make any videos of it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by joe3 View Post
    Any recent updates on this Razor Weld Tig? Has lift arc been incorporated yet? How does it weld so far? Any issues? How thick of materials, such as aluminum have you welded with it? Any new features added? Did you get a chance to make any videos of it yet?
    Nothing new as of lately...but there are some cool new things planned for 2018

Nothing on the lift arc. I am going to put a list of things together I want to try and see if it can be changed but just haven't had much time to do it yet

So far it welds great, I love it and have no issues. It's by far the best bang for the buck IMO of course

Everything I do is 1/8" and thinner. I did do some 1/4" steel last year and I may have some 1/4" aluminum I can try to weld, but I'm sure it will handle it just fine and just as well as most other 200amp welders

Have not made any videos. It's also been on my todo list but haven't had much time lately
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    CK Tig Welder
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    RazorMig 180 & Spoolgun
    Vipercut 30 Plasma

You sound busy like me. Thanks for responding. Can you give any hints of whats in store for 2018? I almost have all my money saved up for a new welder. Should I be holding back to see what Razor weld is going to be offering in 2018? Perhaps a higher amp version of the Razor Weld 200 AC DC Pulse tig? Water cooled version?

Quote Originally Posted by joe3 View Post
    You sound busy like me. Thanks for responding. Can you give any hints of whats in store for 2018? I almost have all my money saved up for a new welder. Should I be holding back to see what Razor weld is going to be offering in 2018? Perhaps a higher amp version of the Razor Weld 200 AC DC Pulse tig? Water cooled version?
    I can't say anything yet. It's all still on the drawing board last I heard
    I can say a few things

80amp plasma cutter coming with a badass price point. 3 phase; will also run on 220v single phase, but not sure if you can still get 80amps out of it. We will have to wait and see
    water cooler for sure. That has been in the works for awhile
    Spoolgun option for the vipermig
    new case design for the vipermig and vipercut
    cnc port on the razorcut 45 plasma

That's about it for now
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    CK Tig Welder
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    RazorMig 180 & Spoolgun
    Vipercut 30 Plasma

Figures they would come out with a bigger plasma. I picked up the razor-cut 45 , and its a real good machine for its size.