Which Hypertherm for entry level cnc table - Page 4
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Which Hypertherm for entry level cnc table

Im having issues trying to mark. I turned the machine down to 10 amps after not having luck with the settings in the arclight software. I have the correct consumables and machine is set to mark/gouge. Its cutting too deep. Any troubleshooting tips?

Unscrewed my consumables, cleaned them and tightened them down a little more. Maybe I didnt have them tight enough. Seems to be marking now. Just need to figure out how to tweak my setting to get less dimple at the start of each mark. Also sometimes the toch just sticks in one position and then errors out and stops. May have something to do with my settings in sheetcam. Ill get ahold of arclight monday

Zero pierce delay, increase acceleration....you need to get to speed quickly in order to minimize the start dimple. Follow the specs in the Powermax45 XP manual.....height is critical for best performance as is speed. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by scramblerj View Post
    Unscrewed my consumables, cleaned them and tightened them down a little more. Maybe I didnt have them tight enough. Seems to be marking now. Just need to figure out how to tweak my setting to get less dimple at the start of each mark. Also sometimes the toch just sticks in one position and then errors out and stops. May have something to do with my settings in sheetcam. Ill get ahold of arclight monday

Put a jumper switch on the arc good signal, to get the shortest delay possible. Sometimes it is handy to have one installed.. Certain times (depending on software setup,) it can help with previewing the cut path,(plasma cutter off) without the torch holding waiting for the signal. Easy to do with with Candcnc parts..
    Last edited by Brand X; 04-29-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Klutch 140si
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal Dynamics 38XL-SL-40
    Hypertherm 45XP

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!