Welding School in Long Island, NY
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Welding School in Long Island, NY

    I'm looking to attend a welding school in Long Island, New York this fall. My ultimate goal is to acquire an AWS cert in stick welding. Boces has a stick welding program that consists of 24 classes and sounds appealing but it seems as if it just prepares you for the AWS cert testing. Does anyone know of any schools on Long Island that I would actually come out of the course with the AWS certification?

  2. #2

    Re: Welding School in Long Island, NY

    I went to Hohokus School of Trades in Paterson NJ. They train and AWS certify you

  3. #3

    Re: Welding School in Long Island, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by JaySanchez94 View Post
    I went to Hohokus School of Trades in Paterson NJ. They train and AWS certify you
    I appreciate the response but I need a school in Long Island so I can stay at home and work as well as attend school a few nights a week.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    12

    Re: Welding School in Long Island, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by JaySanchez94 View Post
    I went to Hohokus School of Trades in Paterson NJ. They train and AWS certify you
    How much did you pay for that school ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new york city
    Posts
    5,810

    Re: Welding School in Long Island, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by weld024 View Post
    I'm looking to attend a welding school in Long Island, New York this fall. My ultimate goal is to acquire an AWS cert in stick welding. Boces has a stick welding program that consists of 24 classes and sounds appealing but it seems as if it just prepares you for the AWS cert testing. Does anyone know of any schools on Long Island that I would actually come out of the course with the AWS certification?
    i took classes there 40 plus years ago. the instructor told us welders could make a great living if we stuck at it. he was right.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    12

    Re: Welding School in Long Island, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Zajac1 View Post
    How much did you pay for that school ?
    bump !

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    12

    Re: Welding School in Long Island, NY

    Here is what I found. These 3 locations near me (North Jersey).
    http://hohokus.edu/Academics.php?program=25
    https://prod.campuscruiser.com/cruis...17.pdf#page=11
    http://bergen.edu/academics/continui...ring-training/

    Any other suggestions ? Hohokus is most reliably to me, but very expensive !! Which way I should chose from ?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    12

    Re: Welding School in Long Island, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Zajac1 View Post
    Here is what I found. These 3 locations near me (North Jersey).
    http://hohokus.edu/Academics.php?program=25
    https://prod.campuscruiser.com/cruis...17.pdf#page=11
    http://bergen.edu/academics/continui...ring-training/

    Any other suggestions ? Hohokus is most reliably to me, but very expensive !! Which way I should chose from ?
    bump !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    12

    Re: Welding School in Long Island, NY

    Anyone know some other good schools worth it to look on ?? Hohokus school charging almost 15k !!! That's to much for me to handle it :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement