HTP Pro Pulse 200 - Page 4
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: HTP Pro Pulse 200

in my experience on the pp200, forget the hot start bs unitl you get it dialed in how you want.

on .125 material i had the machine set at .25 material and i think -4 volts... i would have to go back and look, but it was somewhere around there. i had one of my guys set the machine up to material thickness, and when results were not or par, go straight to the hotstart. did nothing more than fry tips.

dont know if its me getting used to pulse mig, but seems like i'm way outside of intended parameters before i am able to get decent welds. other than that the machine is great
    a shop full of welders and equipment

general contractor specializing in unique problem solving
    commercial industrial and custom residential

Anybody welding stainless with the PP200? I'm having a hard time getting a 125 cf bottle of 98% argon 2 co2%. My local supplier will only get it for me if I start renting a 330 cf bottle from them. For some reason they won't even exchange my owned empty 330cf argon bottle for a 98 / 2 mix unless I start a rental.
    Anyway.
    They do have available a bottle of Tri mix for stainless mig .
    Do you guys think I should give it a go? Im hesitant because I'm having enough trouble setting it up when I follow the recipes exactly in the synergistic modes. Just wonder what parameters I would have to change, if any, if I use the tri mix instead of 98/2 mix.

Scott

I understand and also felt more comfortable in 2T. However once I actually gave 4T a real chance I got to like it.

4T provides unlimited time for hot start, plug it gives a crater fill at the end of the weld.

Now it you are only doing short 1/2" runs then 4T won't really work for you.

The challenge you are going to run into is you have no crater fill possibilities in 2T.

That being said....

You can play with the "start speed" and the "start time"

try 80% and .5 sec

Hope that helps

Dave

I appreciate the help. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottcambro View Post
    Anybody welding stainless with the PP200? I'm having a hard time getting a 125 cf bottle of 98% argon 2 co2%. My local supplier will only get it for me if I start renting a 330 cf bottle from them. For some reason they won't even exchange my owned empty 330cf argon bottle for a 98 / 2 mix unless I start a rental.
    Anyway.
    They do have available a bottle of Tri mix for stainless mig .
    Do you guys think I should give it a go? Im hesitant because I'm having enough trouble setting it up when I follow the recipes exactly in the synergistic modes. Just wonder what parameters I would have to change, if any, if I use the tri mix instead of 98/2 mix.
    i have tried a few different gas mixes on the stainless including tri-mix. the 98-2 is definitely the best. 95-5 works but leaves alot darker weld
    a shop full of welders and equipment

general contractor specializing in unique problem solving
    commercial industrial and custom residential

The 2T has an adjustable up slope (w/ hot start per the manual) and an adjustable slope down (to help fill craters, also per the manual). It's just not adjustable while welding like the 4T mode- you have to set it before starting welding in 2T mode.

I do agree that anyone who is doing aluminum should learn the 4T welding controls. Being able to lengthen the hot start (or cut it short) is very useful, as well as for when you need a little more crater fill.
    HTP Pro Pulse 200
    Lincoln AC-225

I can't find an actual setting option in 2T aluminum mode labeled "hot start". I know the manual says it boosts the amps 35%, but where the manual kind of shows you how to adjust it , I believe it is just showing how to adjust the "run in" wf speed and duration.
    Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

It's not labeled hot start. It's these settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for posting that pic. Just so we are all on the same page.
    Isn't that the Run In adjustment? My thinking is that allows you to adjust wfs and duration for the run in.
    So from the selection on your screen you will have 80% wfs for .5 seconds then for another .5 seconds speeding back up to actual selected wire feed speed?
    Here is my question.
    What is the machine actually doing if you run it with what you have selected. Is it really boosting amps 35%? or with your setting will it slow the wire feed speed down 20% ?

The 35% boost you are talking about is only relevant on 4T.

In 2T you are adjusting for a cold start but it may or may not be 35%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the manual was translated from Italian wrong or leaving out information or something. The manual clearly states in 2T with a synergic aluminum program selected that it has hot start with a 35% boost in current. And it says you adjust it with the run in setting displayed on the your screen shot from a few posts back.

Do you think the manual left out a sentence saying run in was reprogrammed in alumn syn 2T modes to set hot start?
    Just like it says 4t is reprogrammed in alumn syn modes for user to control heat?