Do any pro's swear by Everlast?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 156
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    416

    Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    I've been wondering about the Everlast TIG/Plasma machines. I'm not big on the idea of multi-purpose machines and am quite skeptical on Everlast in general. I've seen them get bashed on other forums and I'm not sure what to expect from this "everlast dedicated group".

    Is there anyone on here that use these machines on a daily basis? Do they stand up to constant use or the rigors of site work? (Primarily interested in the PowerTig 250EX)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    3,478

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    416

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    thanks, that link made things sound promising. I'd like to hear from others who have used these for more than home jobs though be it good, bad or ugly.

    I want to know how well do they stand up in the field - anyone??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    4,179

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Most pros are pretty brand loyal, many stick with what they learned on and its hard to change that. The biggest issue from a pro perspective is that they can go to their LWS and get parts, service, loaners etc. On the spot or in a very short amount of time. For people who make a living with their machines its tough a tough sell on a new company where parts and service are done by mail for the most part.

    Everlast has had their fair share of flops and problems but they are continously improving which can be seen by following some of the threads. The 250ex seems to be one of their best and most reliable machines. But until they have been selling the same machine for 5-10 years to show dependability The number of pros using these machines is going to be relatively minimal.
    Lincoln SP250 W/ spoolgun, GoWeld x2, ESAB 300AVS Feeder, Powcon 300SM. Everlast PowerTig 185 micro,
    ESAB 875 plasma. Evo 355. Steelmax 9", OA.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    3,478

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    250ex...4years and counting.(From the first version)
    Very few new model welders released by a company go unchanged from year to year, including the 250EX. But our basic design has been in place since 2008.
    I sell welders to pros nearly everyday. But in overall comparison, no we aren't as big as Miller, so yes, we do sell relatively fewer to pros than Miller.
    Last edited by lugweld; 12-21-2011 at 07:08 AM.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Québec Canada
    Posts
    447

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Pro need fast service, they send their machine to local place for repair or get service in the shop from welder supply repair service working in sub contract for big names... It's a well etablish service since....Welder built in America exist!

    The day any China distributor come close to this kind of service for the Pro may never appear...That's why you see this kind of product only use for hobby or very small business. Don't get me wrong I have nothings again's Everlast! I just point out facts.

    Well in reality only think who bug me from Everlast is there waranty, 5 years in USA and 3 years in Canada, why?
    Miller MM211
    Duck tape
    Ty- rap
    Kool-aid

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    103

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkull View Post
    Pro need fast service, they send their machine to local place for repair or get service in the shop from welder supply repair service working in sub contract for big names... It's a well etablish service since....Welder built in America exist!

    The day any China distributor come close to this kind of service for the Pro may never appear...That's why you see this kind of product only use for hobby or very small business. Don't get me wrong I have nothings again's Everlast! I just point out facts.

    Well in reality only think who bug me from Everlast is there waranty, 5 years in USA and 3 years in Canada, why?
    Canada is a separate operation and it's 3years in the US for all machines sold after the first of the year. Everlast just had a policy change. Everything stays the same for machines sold before 2012.
    Also there's no reason everlast welders couldn't be serviced locally same as any other.
    Everlast 250 EX - 2013 model
    Everlast I-Mig 250P with 20' Profax gun
    Everlast PowerPlasma60 with P80 torch
    Hobart Handler 135
    Everlast PowerPro256: Sold

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    3,478

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkull View Post
    Pro need fast service, they send their machine to local place for repair or get service in the shop from welder supply repair service working in sub contract for big names... It's a well etablish service since....Welder built in America exist!

    The day any China distributor come close to this kind of service for the Pro may never appear...That's why you see this kind of product only use for hobby or very small business. Don't get me wrong I have nothings again's Everlast! I just point out facts.

    Well in reality only think who bug me from Everlast is there waranty, 5 years in USA and 3 years in Canada, why?

    Well, Old Skull,
    It would help if you were up to date on your information. Thermal Arcs money line is from China....Hmmm the US military uses it...some of the same factories make it that we use for some of our product.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    S.W. Michigan
    Posts
    387

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Well, Old Skull,
    It would help if you were up to date on your information. Thermal Arcs money line is from China....Hmmm the US military uses it...some of the same factories make it that we use for some of our product.
    I have a couple Thermal arc machines, neither of them made in China. LS300 made in Japan and Fabricator 250 made in Australia.
    Do I swear by my Everlast? Not sure yet, but I have sworn at it. So far I am impressed with the bang for the buck.
    Hammer
    File
    Big Hammer
    ------------------------------
    Here, let me Google that for you...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    3,478

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Go buy a new one and look where its made.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Québec Canada
    Posts
    447

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Where I mention Thermal Arc in my post? You speculate because I say big names? G.... Ok let's make a deal.... The day I'm gone see a Everlast products working in the shop or production line of any Bombardier, Pratt & Whitney, Bell helicopter plan or any of the maritime transport compagnies I work for I will consider your product over anything else in the world!.This song fair to you?
    Miller MM211
    Duck tape
    Ty- rap
    Kool-aid

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    103

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkull View Post
    Where I mention Thermal Arc in my post? You speculate because I say big names? G.... Ok let's make a deal.... The day I'm gone see a Everlast products working in the shop or production line of any Bombardier, Pratt & Whitney, Bell helicopter plan or any of the maritime transport compagnies I work for I will consider your product over anything else in the world!.This song fair to you?
    Who cares, one monkey doesn't stop the show.
    Lots of people are satisfied with their everlast welder just as lots of childish people sit behind their keyboard and talk crap about a machine they've never used.
    Life goes on.
    Everlast 250 EX - 2013 model
    Everlast I-Mig 250P with 20' Profax gun
    Everlast PowerPlasma60 with P80 torch
    Hobart Handler 135
    Everlast PowerPro256: Sold

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    3,478

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkull View Post
    Where I mention Thermal Arc in my post? You speculate because I say big names? G.... Ok let's make a deal.... The day I'm gone see a Everlast products working in the shop or production line of any Bombardier, Pratt & Whitney, Bell helicopter plan or any of the maritime transport compagnies I work for I will consider your product over anything else in the world!.This song fair to you?
    You said,
    " A china distributor"...Thermal Arc fits that definition.
    We are US based and have units built for us in China. They are US based, and have units built for them in China. (with this year, more than ever).

    Then you make such an arrogantly presumptuous statement referring to a "china distributor.... ": The day any China distributor come close to this kind of service for the Pro may never appear.

    Pointing out that Thermal Arc is a china distributor invalidates your point. When I do that, you change your argument. Typical rhetoric tactics.

    I'd say you are assuming a lot here from the limitations of your experience. Our products are sitting in some of those places, though not exactly the same ones. No, its not the same broad spectrum, but we are growing and doing just that. They are making it there. We don't need to brag about it, and generally don't release our customer's names since it's their privacy and reputation. I'VE personally sold products to major companies for production. I have one company using 6 units on a robotic table running 8-10 hours a day welding up transformers. I just sold another plasma unit to a large world wide company that contracts with city, and county governments for retrofitting water meters for electronic reading. I've sold them to race shops, and to tech schools,to pipeliners, oil derricks, international construction companies, portable repair shops, and even state government service shops...and other places, that I probably have forgotten. Our product may not be widespread in scale as some other companies, but the distribution world wide continues to grow. We're in 8 major countries now as well. You may not see it for some time, but there are a lot of people that use them everyday in their work.
    Last edited by lugweld; 01-02-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    4,179

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    If the op had asked, do any pro's use Everlast machines on a daily basis, it probably would have got better responses. One pro just posted an interesting thread on using a 250ex that I found was pretty informative. I think the title was inverter help or something like that. Sorry can't link to it from my android phone
    Lincoln SP250 W/ spoolgun, GoWeld x2, ESAB 300AVS Feeder, Powcon 300SM. Everlast PowerTig 185 micro,
    ESAB 875 plasma. Evo 355. Steelmax 9", OA.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Québec Canada
    Posts
    447

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    I'd say you are assuming a lot here from the limitations of your experience. Our products are sitting in some of those places, though not exactly the same ones. No, its not the same broad spectrum, but we are growing and doing just that. They are making it there. We don't need to brag about it, and generally don't release our customer's names since it's their privacy and reputation.wide continues to grow. .
    Let me laft and very loud about that statement! Oh no don't give me a name because there is good chance I found out they use your tools and I will not buy any product from them! Please give me a brake... I never seen a seller not pointing out who using is product! What make you feel so bad? I never bash your product I even think about getting one of your TIG as a cheap alternative to expensive american product for my home shop! I never say I don't consider your product but please stay in your league and compare apple with apple.

    I'm sure your constumer are not total moron and lawyer! You are right about my limited experience but only as a MIG and TIG welder...Don't bet your paycheck on this because I got a pretty amazing backup and they are not been counter engineers....

    Now I still think you got a good product and maybe the best bang for the buck on the market, if I ever got a chance to find one of your TIG arround my place next summer I will be more then happy to try my humble skill on it and bring one of my friend to help me hiding my poo poo

    Since I'm hight jacking this threat with my statement I apologize to the original poster and I will not post again in this threat.

    Cheers
    Last edited by OldSkull; 01-02-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Miller MM211
    Duck tape
    Ty- rap
    Kool-aid

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    carmen oklahoma
    Posts
    12

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    I can’t believe that Americans cut their own necks buying these china machines our money needs to stay in America (Lincoln, miller) if we keep supporting this it won’t be long before they make a cheap engine drive that competes and take part of that market to.

    I say when you invest money think long term

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    3,478

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Stonehocker....

    Obviously you have not been around this site very long...Lincoln sells Italian, Mexican, and Chinese made equipment right beside its diminishing selection of US made equipment. In fact, most of its inverter line is made in Italy, largely from Chinese electronic components. Miller and others use Chinese built components in their machine. What gets classified as "made" in USA is dubious at best. We are US based as well... You are bringing up OLD OLD news, that has been thoroughly gone over and beat to death. You are about 25 years out of date with your argument.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Québec Canada
    Posts
    447

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Since this threat goes nowhere except serving reseller, I will help stonehockerwelding to get things really clear..
    .
    ESAB, MILLER AND LINCOLN GOT MANUFACTURING PLANTS IN NORTH AMERICA this mean they hire Americans workers to built their welding equipments!

    HOW MANY MANUFACTURING PLANT EVERLAST GOT IN NORTH AMERICA? NONE they are built by Chinese worker IN CHINA

    We buy Chinese welding supply because the economy of our country gives us no other choices not because we think this product is superior to everything else on this planet , they do the job for half the price.Only high fortunate Hobbyist can spend premium for top of the line product this is sad to ear but that's the truth. Spending $1600 on a Hypertherm plasma cutter just because you need it once in a while its pure stupidity to me. Buying only stuff built by Chinese workers in China is not even more “Brilliant”.We need to preserve the job of those working in American and Canadian manufacturing plants, if they shot down, the dollars loose is value as our retirement plan.

    God bless American and Canadian workers, they need jobs to feed their family.
    Miller MM211
    Duck tape
    Ty- rap
    Kool-aid

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cal-i-forn-i-a like Swarzenegger
    Posts
    603

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    [QUOTE=OldSkull;622871
    ESAB, MILLER AND LINCOLN GOT MANUFACTURING PLANTS IN NORTH AMERICA this mean they hire Americans workers to built their welding equipments!

    [/QUOTE]

    OldSkull

    ALL BIG 3 have MANUFACTURING in CHINA , MEXICO , MALAYSIA and EUROPE (mostly ESAB ) and some in USA

    please do your research well

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    103

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkull View Post
    Since I'm hight jacking this threat with my statement I apologize to the original poster and I will not post again in this threat.

    Cheers
    You speak of integrity yet you don't exhibit any.
    Everlast 250 EX - 2013 model
    Everlast I-Mig 250P with 20' Profax gun
    Everlast PowerPlasma60 with P80 torch
    Hobart Handler 135
    Everlast PowerPro256: Sold

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    3,478

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonehockerwelding View Post
    I can’t believe that Americans cut their own necks buying these china machines our money needs to stay in America (Lincoln, miller) if we keep supporting this it won’t be long before they make a cheap engine drive that competes and take part of that market to.

    I say when you invest money think long term
    They already do, and have for a decade now.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    300

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkull View Post
    Since this threat goes nowhere except serving reseller, I will help stonehockerwelding to get things really clear..
    .
    ESAB, MILLER AND LINCOLN GOT MANUFACTURING PLANTS IN NORTH AMERICA this mean they hire Americans workers to built their welding equipments!

    HOW MANY MANUFACTURING PLANT EVERLAST GOT IN NORTH AMERICA? NONE they are built by Chinese worker IN CHINA

    We buy Chinese welding supply because the economy of our country gives us no other choices not because we think this product is superior to everything else on this planet , they do the job for half the price.Only high fortunate Hobbyist can spend premium for top of the line product this is sad to ear but that's the truth. Spending $1600 on a Hypertherm plasma cutter just because you need it once in a while its pure stupidity to me. Buying only stuff built by Chinese workers in China is not even more “Brilliant”.We need to preserve the job of those working in American and Canadian manufacturing plants, if they shot down, the dollars loose is value as our retirement plan.

    God bless American and Canadian workers, they need jobs to feed their family.
    Union member, am i right???

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Québec Canada
    Posts
    447

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Quote Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
    OldSkull

    ALL BIG 3 have MANUFACTURING in CHINA , MEXICO , MALAYSIA and EUROPE (mostly ESAB ) and some in USA

    please do your research well
    I NEVER SAY THEY DON'T HAVE PLANTS OUTSIDE OF AMERICA! I don't have to do search on that , we talking about AMERICAN INDUSTRIE don't care what happen in the rest of the world I don't live there! You speculate again....Like a politician you just playing with words nothing more...And Zoama give me a break.... This threat is a fracking joke! Except for one post the rest is just seller B/S and don't worry for my integrity instead of some I don't lick a....

    I'm not gone win anything here playing in the mud with little peggy but you can change the truth! All BIG 3 have manufacturing plants in AMERICA and hire AMERICAN WORKERS to built there welding product here in the USA! Can you say the same about Everlast? Can you proove me wrong about this statement ? NO YOU CAN'T! END OF THE STORY!

    Now go ahead bash me and "Kill the monkey" I don't care your can't change the thuth

    HAVE A NICE DAY
    Last edited by OldSkull; 01-03-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Miller MM211
    Duck tape
    Ty- rap
    Kool-aid

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    300

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    Oldskull,you need to go back to school and learn simple reading and spelling: first so you can read where some of these American products actualy come from.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    3,478

    Re: Do any pro's swear by Everlast?

    ESAB and Thermal Arc are primarily off shore companies. ESAB is swedish built and owned, they have discontinued most of their American line. I have a MIGMASTER 250 that has been discontinued and production has shifted to Poland. Thermal Arc uses Sanrex Japanese units for their larger AC/DC TIGs, Maylasia and China for their MIGS, and Chinese units for the DC tigs. They have some US built units, but very few. Most of Lincolns mainstay inverter line is built in Italy. I don't think you have done your homework...That's the point.

    I think I recently made a point in another thread about the state of the US education system being one reason companies are going offshore...Your posts in this "threat" reenforce my point once again. The fact is, that most of the off shore workers are better educated, and more productive. There are problems with off shore production. No one is saying that there aren't any. But blindly repeating the same thing over and over, without considering all reasons companies choose to manufacture off shore, speaks once again to the poor educational system we have here in the US.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement