Forum notifications... Bitch and moan - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 31 of 31
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    3,356

    Re: Forum notifications... Bitch and moan

    Quote Originally Posted by -SWS View Post
    Users can turn off automatic thread subscriptions by going into Profile Settings ==> My Account ==> General Settings ==> Default thread subscription mode:
    That DOESN'T WORK.

    thats kind of the whole point here...
    Miller 211/Spoolmate 100
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    Hypertherm PM 45
    Lincoln SP125 plus
    HTP 221
    Chicom spot welder



    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    107

    Re: Forum notifications... Bitch and moan

    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    That DOESN'T WORK.

    thats kind of the whole point here...
    Setting it that way won't remove previous subscriptions. However, it should block all new automatic subscriptions. It's working properly on my account.

    You're saying that your subscribed-thread list continues to grow AFTER turning automatic subscriptions off? If so, your profile definitely needs a trouble ticket.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    3,356

    Re: Forum notifications... Bitch and moan

    Quote Originally Posted by -SWS View Post
    Setting it that way won't remove previous subscriptions. However, it should block all new automatic subscriptions. It's working properly on my account.

    You're saying that your subscribed-thread list continues to grow AFTER turning automatic subscriptions off? If so, your profile definitely needs a trouble ticket.

    thanks for the effort.

    you are no help.

    dont really feel like reexplaining the entire thing for your benefit.

    re-read the entire thread.
    Miller 211/Spoolmate 100
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    Hypertherm PM 45
    Lincoln SP125 plus
    HTP 221
    Chicom spot welder



    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    107

    Re: Forum notifications... Bitch and moan

    Adios John T.

    Comment for the admins. Maybe the system wouldn't get so backlogged if auto-thread subscriptions were defaulted OFF rather than on. ???

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,258

    Re: Forum notifications... Bitch and moan

    Quote Originally Posted by -SWS View Post
    Adios John T.

    Comment for the admins. Maybe the system wouldn't get so backlogged if auto-thread subscriptions were defaulted OFF rather than on. ???
    Good idea

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In A Nice Comfy Chair
    Posts
    19,032

    Re: Forum notifications... Bitch and moan

    Quote Originally Posted by -SWS View Post
    Adios John T.

    Comment for the admins. Maybe the system wouldn't get so backlogged if auto-thread subscriptions were defaulted OFF rather than on. ???
    Well I went in and had a look..
    The default was set for 30 days.

    I re-set it at 3 days.

    Lets see what happens now.

    If I was going to shut the whole thing down that would effect 128 thousand and change subscribers and I don't think some of them would be happy....

    Report back after awhile and let us Admins. know what's happening.


    Myself?

    I don't subscribe to any of them at any time in the first place.


    ...zap!


    I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

    Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

    Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement