Spam alert!!!
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Spam alert!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In A Nice Comfy Chair
    Posts
    18,409

    Spam alert!!!

    Many of you..myself included were subject to a private message spam attack this morning.

    DO NOT PANIC!

    DO NOT OPEN.

    Simply delete the message and carry on.
    You won't have any problems.

    The perpetrator has been dealt with in a swift and just manner.

    ...zap!

    ...


    I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

    Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

    Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lockhart,Tx (BBQ capitol of the world)
    Posts
    409

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    When in doubt, go with the nuclear option!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Houston Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    4,175

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    I panicked and forwarded to all forum members.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bemidji MN
    Posts
    12,424

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zapster View Post
    The perpetrator has been dealt with in a swift and just manner.

    ...zap!

    ...
    The drone strike should be just about there....

    That's "swift and just" for spammers
    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,344

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    I got one too.

    Hanging's too good for 'em!
    Be wary of The Numbers: Figures don't lie,. but liars can figure.
    Welders:
    2008 Lincoln 140 GMAW&FCAW
    2012 HF 165 'toy' GTAW&SMAW
    1970's Cobbled together O/A

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    Dumb question of the day: I got this one too and I see that it is now gone. I tried to delete it but there is no "delete button" in the inbox that I could find. I checked it off and used the delete on my keyboard and that didn't work. Soooo.... how does one delete a single message in there if one is so inclined to do so?
    ---Meltedmetal

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Morton, Washington
    Posts
    4,893

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    I got one last night also. Glad to see this morning they have been quickly dealt with. Thank you!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In A Nice Comfy Chair
    Posts
    18,409

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    Dumb question of the day: I got this one too and I see that it is now gone. I tried to delete it but there is no "delete button" in the inbox that I could find. I checked it off and used the delete on my keyboard and that didn't work. Soooo.... how does one delete a single message in there if one is so inclined to do so?
    Go to your PM inbox..
    To the right of each message there is a square box.
    Check on that and at the bottom of the page you will see another box you can choose what action to take from there..
    To gang delete there is a square box on top of where the individual box is.
    Check on that and all the messages in that "Frame" will be highlighted and just go to the bottom and choose the action to take...


    ...zap!


    I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

    Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

    Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zapster View Post
    Go to yout PM inbox..
    To the right of each message there is a square box.
    Check on that and at the bottom of the page you will see another box you can choose what action to take from there..
    To gang delete there is a square box on top of where the individual box is.
    Check on that and all the messages in that "Frame" will be highlighted and just go to the bottom and choose the action to take...


    ...zap!
    Thanks Zap!. I wasn't smart enough to click on the "selected messages" button but it's all good now.
    ---Meltedmetal

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,558

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    Why do these people keep posting threads with jiberish text code not in English. I blocked the member and deleted the PM with out opening it.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-DVi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    845

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zapster View Post
    Many of you..myself included were subject to a private message spam attack this morning.

    DO NOT PANIC!

    DO NOT OPEN.

    Simply delete the message and carry on.
    You won't have any problems.

    The perpetrator has been dealt with in a swift and just manner.

    ...zap!

    ...
    Thank god for IP addresses. I don't get what people are thinking when they try to pull some bs like this.
    Thanks for dealing with it Zap
    “I'm going to do the thing that God put Galen Beasley on this Earth to do:
    Have Salon quality hair and weld.
    Nothing like a good cup of coffee and the smell of 6010 burning in the morning.
    503-752-4406 cell
    API ASME Structural NDT and Repair

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,558

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    What if they use a proxy?
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-DVi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In A Nice Comfy Chair
    Posts
    18,409

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    What if they use a proxy?
    So what if they do?
    We blast everything associated with the perpetrator all at once....

    ...zap!


    I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

    Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

    Just because I'm a dumbass don't mean that you can be too.
    So DON'T try any of this **** l do at home.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Hamilton Ontario Canada
    Posts
    265

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    Did My GF make me a SPAM sandwich again? I try to feed it to the dog but he wont eat it ether! LOL
    Welders: IdealArc AC/DC 250
    Lincoln AC 225
    O/A torches
    Lots of Hammers and Clamps!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Not there
    Posts
    843

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    U guyz R soooo stoooopid. I replied and have $13,000,000 on the way from Malaysia tomorrow for merely paying the Worsturn Onion fee of $1300 ;-)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,217

    Re: Spam alert!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    U guyz R soooo stoooopid. I replied and have $13,000,000 on the way from Malaysia tomorrow for merely paying the Worsturn Onion fee of $1300 ;-)
    Hey, I got my money from the Royal Bank of Nigeria!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement