Sensational New All-In-One MTS 221sti AC/DC TIG-MIG-Stick SEMA Show Preview
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sensational New All-In-One MTS 221sti AC/DC TIG-MIG-Stick SEMA Show Preview

WOW!

It's really happening, an ALL-IN-ONE unit that includes AC/DC TIG, MIG, and Stick, with a nice, raised amperage of 221. Dig that 4T feature for MIG too.

I mean, I got this from another thread, where Mark, from Everlast posted the photo, which may have been taken from the SEMA show.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...21#post7821421

Name:  20161101_103029.jpg
Views: 2042
Size:  81.5 KB

Anyway, I'm not a shill for Everlast, just a satisfied customer, and think that this is exciting news for everyone in the welding community! The price will be good too, at around 2K, I believe, even though it won't be released for sale until some time in 2017.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 11-04-2016 at 07:37 AM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

Re: Sensational New All-In-One MTS 221sti AC/DC TIG-MIG-Stick SEMA Show Preview

and it still won't be run by professionals.

Where can I read more about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forney C5 Arc Welder
    Lincoln Idealarc 250-250 Ac/Dc Arc Welder

Forney O/A Rig

Dewalt D28715 14" Chop Saw

Well, ionegar,

Most tradesmen who run a dedicated MIG power supply and wire feeder won't stop what they're doing for this unit.

The same goes for advanced-feature TIG welders of aluminum who are currently using a Dynasty 350.

But, this unit will undoubtedly be loved by many, and rightly so.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

The thread and link above is about the only place, so far. It's from the Everlast sponsored portion of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Where can I read more about it?
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

for hobbyists yes.

Probably for some others too, who are startups without deep pockets, or who make some portion of their living doing fabrication, or professionals who do light service work in the field as follow-up on jobs.

I mean, do you really recommed that industry professionals use an Eastwood 200, like the one you bought?

Quote Originally Posted by iongar View Post
    for hobbyists yes.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 11-04-2016 at 08:55 AM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

and it still won't be run by professionals.
    These types of units seem to have the effect of pushing larger companies towards adding features and lowering prices. So it's a win win.

Would we see the 210MP or Rebel if the Everlast MTS and similar models weren't produced and selling well? In the end, I'm pretty sure companies are happy to take hobbyist money as well as professional money.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Absolutely!

Everlast is far more dynamic, responsive, and anti-fragile right now than Big Blue, Red, or Yellow welder unit corporations, which often seem out-of-touch with customer demand.

So, yeah, the innovations and values offered by Everlast and the Invisible Hand of customers will make Lincoln, Miller, and ESAB better, or else they'll go the way of the Dodo bird, and rightly so.

I mean, in a Free Market, without State intervention/taxpayer bailouts, the customer is king and is not held as a seeming hostage by big corporate cartels that are often protected by legislation, regulation, or sneaky intelectual so-called property rights that prevents competition in the marketplace by upstarts or newcomers that risk their own capital, create jobs, seek to satisfy (even anticipate) customer demand, and then, if they do well, be rewarded for their effort, and rightly so.

Wheee... this welding stuff is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by KMA View Post
    These types of units seem to have the effect of pushing larger companies towards adding features and lowering prices. So it's a win win.

Would we see the 210MP or Rebel if the Everlast MTS and similar models weren't produced and selling well? In the end, I'm pretty sure companies are happy to take hobbyist money as well as professional money.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 11-04-2016 at 10:26 AM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

"Sensational"
    "Wow!"
    "It's really happening"
    And
    "This is exciting news for everyone in the welding community"

I'm thinking that's not altogether true.
    But I'll bet the guys at Everlast will be thankful for pleated pants
    after reading post.
    Miller a/c-d/c Thunderbolt XL
    Millermatic 180
    Purox O/A
    Smith Littletorch O/A

Vintage-
    -South Bend 9in. lathe
    -South Bend 7in. shaper
    -Craftsman power hacksaw
    -FibreMetal 710
    -B&D mag drill

One word , shills.

How long has Neverlast been making the MTS line up? Thermal Arc / Tweco has been making hobby multi process machines for some time now. Fabricator 141, 181, 211 & 252

Miller had the multimatic 200 for some time now as well. Now they have the mm215.

I agree competition is good for price wars but if the products are not in the same class regarding quality and durability then you can see why they would have cheaper prices.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 11-04-2016 at 10:42 AM.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

I know, I know... and I do this for free.

Maybe I'll get some cheerleader pom-poms soon too!

Would you be bothered by that?

Quote Originally Posted by jpump5 View Post
    "Sensational"
    "Wow!"
    "It's really happening"
    And
    "This is exciting news for everyone in the welding community"

I'm thinking that's not altogether true.
    But I'll bet the guys at Everlast will be thankful for pleated pants
    after reading post.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

"Everlast is more anti-fragile right now...."
    Miller a/c-d/c Thunderbolt XL
    Millermatic 180
    Purox O/A
    Smith Littletorch O/A

Vintage-
    -South Bend 9in. lathe
    -South Bend 7in. shaper
    -Craftsman power hacksaw
    -FibreMetal 710
    -B&D mag drill

Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Absolutely!

Everlast is far more dynamic, responsive, and anti-fragile right now than Big Blue, Red, or Yellow welder unit corporations, which often seem out-of-touch with customer demand.

So, yeah, the innovations and values offered by Everlast and the Invisible Hand of customers will make Lincoln, Miller, and ESAB better, or else they'll go the way of the Dodo bird, and rightly so.

I mean, in a Free Market, without State intervention/taxpayer bailouts, the customer is king and is not held as a seeming hostage by big corporate cartels that are often protected by legislation, regulation, or sneaky intelectual so-called property rights that prevents competition in the marketplace by upstarts or newcomers that risk their own capital, create jobs, seek to satisfy (even anticipate) customer demand, and then, if they do well, be rewarded for their effort, and rightly so.

Wheee... this welding stuff is fun!
    There not out of touch their just not going to build a machine to satisfy a couple Internet welders their customer base is more business orientated not guys looking to save a few bucks buying online and can't afford it til their tax return checks come in red and blue money is in commercial more so than yellow which seems to be going the homeowner route esab has some high end industrial units they just don't have a real foot in the door in north America any of them would be a better choice than a company without any retail outlets one breaks I have a half dozen places within a hour to replace and keep earning money not the nightmares I hear about waiting weeks or months for resolve if any good luck with the new rig let us know how it works for you when are they expected to be here

No Livingstone, you do this to instigate discord on Welding Web. It's how you abuse your posting privileges to get cheap self-serving kicks at the expense of the other members.

I lay the continued acceptance of this behavior at the feet of the moderators. It is within their purview to squelch unacceptable use of the forum and I perceive no apparent effort to do so.
    Canoecruiser
    Harris dual-stage O/A
    Lincoln 225/125 AC/DC
    Hobart IronMan 210
    Lincoln PowerMig 135
    Miller 3035 spoolgun
    Thermal Arc ArcMaster 185
    Thermadyne Cutmaster 52
    Clausing 2286 drill press
    And the usual toys....

Quote Originally Posted by Canoecruiser View Post
    No Livingstone, you do this to instigate discord on Welding Web. It's how you abuse your posting privileges to get cheap self-serving kicks at the expense of the other members.

I lay the continued acceptance of this behavior at the feet of the moderators. It is within their purview to squelch unacceptable use of the forum and I perceive no apparent effort to do so.
    Amen.
    First person on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling signature!

HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
    Millermatic 211 Inverter MIG w/ Spoolmate 150
    Eastwood 40A Plasma cutter

Yeah,

I case you're not familiar, I'm using the term in the same context as Nassim Nicholas Taleb does in his articles and books:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/1...g-antifragile/

"In his most recent book, Antifragile, Taleb offers some simple heuristics to help businesses and individuals thrive in a life swirling with volatility. Before he does that, though, Taleb makes the case that people/systems/organizations/things/ideas can be described in one of three ways: fragile, resilient, or antifragile.

So, it's not surprising that Everlast has delivered this unit as a FIRST to the welding marketplace. I mean, they've done features that are still an EXCLUSIVE to Everlast ONLY, I believe, with high frequency TIG starts on the multi-MIG/TIG units like the 211Si and 252Si.

But the Everlast MTS 221sti AC/DC MIG/TIG is a FIRST.

And like I was stating in the other thread, Miller came kind of close to this with its inverter Syncrowave 210, except that the MIG is via spoolgun only, and for some reason people on this forum don't seem to like the unit. I find it interesting, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jpump5 View Post
    "Everlast is more anti-fragile right now...."
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    How long has Neverlast been making the MTS line up? Thermal Arc / Tweco has been making hobby multi process machines for some time now.
    Based on the snarkiness, you apparently have had a negative personal experience with this company?

PowerMTS line has been available since at least 2010. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that is before Thermal Arc released units. Now we have red and blue models with similar features at a similar price point.

To be clear... I'm not saying any choice is better than another, that's up to the buyer.
    Last edited by KMA; 11-04-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    Everlast PowerMTS 211Si

Ban him! Why do we have to put up with his never ending info-merciails?
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

Yeah,

There's a lot of anti-Chinese-units and anti-Everlast bias and attempted censorship, apparently from moderators here too.

I mean, look how quickly this thread was shuffled off to the Everlast Sponsored section (which causes it to be excluded from the "New Posts" feed), while the older and similar ESAB thread with the SEMA preview of the Rebel 235 is not similarly shuffled off to its ESAB Sponsored section.

It's hilarous to me, how upset a few forum participants seem get when someone starts a thread with such happy news like this, which includes a revolutionary Everlast product for the welding community, with calls begging moderators to "ban him" for "instigating discord".

Based on the snarkiness, you apparently have had a negative personal experience with this company?

PowerMTS line has been available since at least 2010. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that is before Thermal Arc released units. Now we have red and blue models with similar features at a similar price point.

To be clear... I'm not saying any choice is better than another, that's up to the buyer.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 11-04-2016 at 02:05 PM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Probably for some others too, who are startups without deep pockets, or who make some portion of their living doing fabrication, or professionals who do light service work in the field as follow-up on jobs.

I mean, do you really recommed that industry professionals use an Eastwood 200, like the one you bought?
    Actually I expect them to use the same machine I have, miller dynasty and engine drive. I haven't had that machine in years.

WOW!

I just looked a little closer at the pic and noticed this new baby has TWO AC WAVE FORMS: ADV Squarewave and Triangular too. Those are my two favorites!

Wow, this unit could be a proverbial Black Swan, as nobody I know saw this baby coming. Wheeee........

So, this is not just a FIRST as an All-In-One full-featured AC/DC unit, but ALSO an ADVANCED-FEATURE All-In-One AC/DC unit.

ROCK ON, EVERLAST!
    Name:  WAVES.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  97.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 11-04-2016 at 07:29 PM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

for hobbyists yes.
    Pull up your big boy pants and stop pouting and touting fibs. Unions, trade schools, and pros all over ARE using our units. I've been at SEMA all week, and people high up in the industry have and are using our products all over the industry...every from the aerospace industry to the racing industry. Sorry to pop your milk bubbles.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    How long has Neverlast been making the MTS line up? Thermal Arc / Tweco has been making hobby multi process machines for some time now. Fabricator 141, 181, 211 & 252

Miller had the multimatic 200 for some time now as well. Now they have the mm215.

I agree competition is good for price wars but if the products are not in the same class regarding quality and durability then you can see why they would have cheaper prices.
    Since 2009. If you want to know the truth...we were the first. In fact TA/ESAB are making their units based off the first design and platform we had, in the same factory we were using at the time BEFORE they were making them there. WTL. Look it up. PowerMTS 200.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT