Pajama Day??? - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pajama Day???

Re: Pajama Day???

Quote Originally Posted by Michael ray View Post
    This is funny,

This morning at 9:15am eastern time I went to the store down. The road to buy some off road diesel for a blow heater. Standing in line was a man/kid who looked to be in his early 20s and he was leaning against the counter like he was about to fall asleep. He was waiting on the store clerk to get his breakfast order finished and was counting out change to pay for it....so he finally gets his 3 dollars gathered up and moves out of the way.
    I asked for 20 on the diesel and pulled out some cash to pay....the look on this kids face was priceless...I pulled out a pretty decent cash wad and he says " dang, how'd you get that much money?"

I stopped and said " I get up every morning and put my pants and boots on and go to work where I bust my @ss and earn it instead of laying around my house in night clothes"
    The store clerks jaw almost hit the counter...priceless looks on both of their faces...and this wad is just petty cash compared to what's in savings.
    I wish everyone could have seen it...here's the small wad..less than 2kAttachment 1567861
    2 years ago I went to a town across the boarder into mexico with a lady that lived around the corner from my RV spot in south texas. She went into a drug store to buy some stuff and pulled out about $10K and sent it on the counter . I thought to myself , we will be lucky to get back across the boarder alive. That was one of the dumbest thing I think I have seen someone do in a long time. To day $2000 is like pulling out $200 years ago but people still think it is a lot of money. Enough that people have been killed for less.
    I always shake my head when I have to pay for something with $100 bill. You would think it was chinese by the way store clerks act and how much they go through to make sure it is real.
    Last edited by thegary; 12-16-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Been dipping down to the minus 30's here some nights... no pj's running around outside here...It's amazing how mosquitos in summer and cold north winds in winter can change the local fashion statement...
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

Quote Originally Posted by thegary View Post
    2 years ago I went to a town across the boarder into mexico with a lady that lived around the corner from my RV spot in south texas. She went into a drug store to buy some stuff and pulled out about $10K and sent it on the counter . I thought to myself , we will be lucky to get back across the boarder alive. That was one of the dumbest thing I think I have seen someone do in a long time. To day $2000 is like pulling out $200 years ago but people still think it is a lot of money. Enough that people have been killed for less.
    I always shake my head when I have to pay for something with $100 bill. You would think it was chinese by the way store clerks act and how much they go through to make sure it is real.
    I always carry something else in my other pocket and another piece in my boot for situations like that,
    I normally wouldn't pull out a wad in public but my fingers were frozen from pumping that 20 dollars worth of diesel and I couldn't peel a 20 out without bringing the whole stack out.

Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    my daughters went to all girls private school and the nuns would've murdered them if they dared show up in their jammies. no welding classes either.
    In my private high school, the girls were on one side and the boys on the other. But my buddy and I did manage to be the first to take the Home Ec class on the girl's side. I doubt that the frilly aprons we had to wear for cooking class were fire resistant. We used to give the 4 foot tall Nun a hard time. She called us "heathens", but you could tell that she loved us. I believe she thought all the girls were potential sluts. And I think my buddy and I cooked and sewed better than the girls.
    "USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250, Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    Firepower TIG 160S (gave the TA 161 STL to the son)
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder

... I wish everyone could have seen it...here's the small wad..
    Like this classic scene ...

"USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250, Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    Firepower TIG 160S (gave the TA 161 STL to the son)
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder

Quote Originally Posted by Oldendum View Post
    In my private high school, the girls were on one side and the boys on the other. But my buddy and I did manage to be the first to take the Home Ec class on the girl's side. I doubt that the frilly aprons we had to wear for cooking class were fire resistant. We used to give the 4 foot tall Nun a hard time. She called us "heathens", but you could tell that she loved us. I believe she thought all the girls were potential sluts. And I think my buddy and I cooked and sewed better than the girls.
    o&d; during my very short catholic hs tenure i also took home ec class. before the christmas holiday we made brownies and my friend and i thought it would be a blast if we spiked ours with a liberal amount of an unauthorized green leafy substance. all was well until the principal came into class and told us we were all donating half our brownies to towards the sister's christmas meal.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

I wish everyone could have seen it...here's the small wad..less than 2kAttachment 1567861
    Around here you would've woke up (if lucky) in a ditch with panty hose shoved down your throat. No way I'd carry that much dollars on my person, let alone show anyone.
    "You can't out puke a buzzard"

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeliner View Post
    Around here you would've woke up (if lucky) in a ditch with panty hose shoved down your throat. No way I'd carry that much dollars on my person, let alone show anyone.
    I'm not in a bad part of town, it's really a pretty small community. I know anything could happen but I try to be ready for it and I never sensed any kind of threat for the clerk that I deal with everyday or the kid in his pajamas
    I wouldn't do that in the towns around me, I usually keep 20 or 30 in one pocket for daily transactions and only carry anything over 100 when I'm planning on making a tool or toy purchase

Debit card for me. Seldom have more than three bucks in my pocket for tips at a restaurant.
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....

Why run around with that cash? The last time I carried that much I was on my way to buy a used power trowel. In the old days before the Age of Plastic we all had a wad for day-to-day expenses but now a CC takes care of almost everything except maybe the coffee and donuts. On the other extreme I will see people at the counter of say McDonald's that buy a $1 coffee with a card- don't they any money in their pockets?
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    330AB/P + Bernard cooler
    Syncrowave 250
    Oxy/Ace torch
    Dayton 160 MIG
    6CF pot with 185 compressor
    Too much big equipment
    Even more small tools

I only carry like that when I'm planning on buying tools or toys

I can't imagine even attending a high school with a 'jammie day'. Pharken ridiculous.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I can't imagine even attending a high school with a 'jammie day'. Pharken ridiculous.
    I think it would be time for a move and a new school district. We wonder why melenials are the way they are. These baby making teachers a professors are the problem. Its time to clean house. If I had a kid in a college that made the campus a safe space I would pull them out so fast it would make their heads spin. That is the only way things will change.
    Last edited by thegary; 12-17-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thegary View Post
    I think it would be time for a move and a new school district. We wonder why melenials are the way they are. These baby making teachers a professors are the problem. Its time to clean house. If I had a kid in a college that made the campus a safe space I would pull them out so fast it would make their heads spin. That is the only way things will change.
    Don't blame the teachers. Thankless job for crap pay that requires tremendous amount of schooling. Start the blame with the parents, media, administrators governments, voters etc.

Composed with Swype on mobile. not responsible for typos.
    Last edited by soutthpaw; 12-17-2016 at 06:29 PM.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    Don't blame the teachers. Thankless job for crap pay that requires tremendous amount of schooling. Start the blame with the parents, media, administrators etc.

Composed with Swype on mobile. not responsible for typos.
    Having two teachers working in public school systems amongst family members, I can strongly relate to the truth behind your comment(s).

My kids came up knowing I wore a leather strap that would come off to go across their cheeks on short order followed by support and affection if they failed to uphold values instilled by past generations. Nowadays that is "child endangerment" or some garbage like that. I must admit they are far better persons than I'll ever be for it too. I never was a tyrant and my/our kids are very close and always have been, but they do know "right from wrong". The tradition of "spanking", (after time out fails) is still very real in this family and we have no troubles anything like much of the youth without parental involvement or further model characters develop into.
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....

It starts with the parents. I say Slob is on the right track. In the morning I see kids sitting in mommy's steel womb (car) parked in front of stop signs on all the side roads- often in the road, within 25' of the intersection; great way to demonstrate to your kids it is OK to break the law- waiting for the bus. The kids are denied the exercise of walking to the bus stop and standing for a little while( for some it might be the most exercise of the day to burn off the calories of that Big Mac) and the experience to tough out a little adverse weather (heat, cold, rain, snow, mosquitoes, etc.) Some parents tote their little ones everyday to school presumably so they don't have to suffer the indignity of riding the bus. Stark contrast to this was my upbringing; I was always given a choice, in this situation be on time for the bus or walk to school!

When we were working in a subdivision it started to rain, so we packed up and moved next door to work inside a house that a roof. While we were setting up, a new hire explained to me he didn't like working while it was raining, I pointed out we were inside in the dry, he needed to emphasize that he didn't like working WHILE it rained, he was sent on his way quickly without delving into what dark issue in his life caused an aversion to rain; could there be a connection between him and a case of parental pampering? Any connection between sheltered, soft to core kids "growing up" to later looking to government to fill in whatever is lacking in their lives?
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    330AB/P + Bernard cooler
    Syncrowave 250
    Oxy/Ace torch
    Dayton 160 MIG
    6CF pot with 185 compressor
    Too much big equipment
    Even more small tools

Quote Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
    I read the article.

Like most disasters, it was a 'perfect storm' of factors.

1) Pajama day. Who knows what the kid was wearing.
    2) Instructor did not notice off-standard (fuzzy?) clothing and lock out the student
    3) Student didn't even consider his clothing more flammable than usual
    4) Student RAN DOWN THE HALL after igniting himself. (What happened to STOP DROP and ROLL!?!?)
    5) Where were fire extinguishers? Other students/instructor use then instead of patting out the flames

Sheesh!!

OSHA is reviewing. Heads will roll!
    If you teach stop drop and roll, that could lead to things like kids realizing gasoline is flammable, once again. Look around a gas station for the old flammable signs. They are not there. We are becoming a country of idiots.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

Disgusting
    Gina M. Tabasso
    HGR Industrial Surplus
    gtabasso@hgrinc.com
    www.hgrinc.com