Finally Got Em:
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Finally Got Em:

Finally Got Em:

Received for Xmas a nice new set of Tillman 850L gloves. I guess from what she was told the Elkskin is being discontinued by Tillman as weldingsupply.com only had two pairs left in stock. I certainly like the feel and dexterity of them being as soft as they are. This is my first what I consider good pair of gloves as I've always got by with either donated, or cheap gloves so these are welcome.
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....

Re: Finally Got Em:

I made the mistake of letting my left index finger get to close to the weld when stablizing my mig gun and shrunk the leather on a nice pair of gloves. Don't do that
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350
    L-tec PCM-DVi plasma

Yes, that is why I wanted the Elkskin. It is more resistant to the heat in regards to shrinking and stiffening up than other types of leather. I am really surprised how supple they are.
    Slob

I bought two pair years ago ,wrecked the left hand glove in less than five minutes . I'll never pay that much for gloves again.

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    I made the mistake of letting my left index finger get to close to the weld when stablizing my mig gun and shrunk the leather on a nice pair of gloves. Don't do that
    When I got too close to the heat, and they shrank up, I have tried immediately stretching the hot spot as far as possible while it is still hot. It helped return it to its size even if it stiffened up some. If I let it cool, it does nothing to try to stretch it back at that point. I had to pull very hard to get it to move.
    City of L.A. Structural; Manual & Semi-Automatic;
    "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore."
    Job 28:1,2

Lincoln, Miller, Victor & ISV Bible

Danny

Used them today "playing" in the shop. Kinda like the dexterity they provide opposed to cowhide gloves. I did look on amazon and checked stock on several vendors and they seem to be readily available so don't know if my daughter was confused, or is awaiting my feedback to get me a few more pair. She does stuff like that.
    Slob

I would be surprised if they were discontinued. Seems like the most popular glove everywhere I've been.
    Sean

Lincoln 210 MP