I would appreciate any advice or remarks regarding cracking after EB welding.
* We use material combination of Inconel and 42CrMo4.
* Inconel is produced by investment casting, then it's machined by grinding a weld together with 42CrMo4.
* After welding, cracks occur in the vicinity of the weld, mostly in longitudal direction, sometimes a crack touches the weld, sometimes not.
* Weld geometry is about 1,1 mm of depth and 0,8 mm of width.
* Generator 60 kV, beam current 7,5 mA, travel speed 28 mm/s etc.
Picture of a crack after section cut:
Etched structure of grains:
Picture of a crack by electron microscope:
Picture by optical microskope:
Thanks a lot for any feedback! :-)