Polarity Switch
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Polarity Switch

Polarity Switch

So I run a Miller Big 40G on my rig. I'm getting some reels setup and would like an easy way to switch polarity. I have seen some Big 40s and TB500's with a large handle on the lower left front panel to change polarity. Cant find it in Miller's literature so cant find a part #. Was hoping somone would be able to point me in the right direction or better yet tell me they had a used one for sale.
    here is a pic I found online.

Name:  big40switch.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  67.5 KB
    Lincolin Power Wave 450, Lincoln Powermig 255, Lincoln Squarewave Tig 275, Miller Big 40 G(with Hobart Hefty suitcase), Thermal Arc 95S and Esab PCM875 in an already full machine shop.

Re: Polarity Switch

Is this what you're looking for?

A couple of polarity switches are also listed, here.
    Last edited by Weldordie; 01-05-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Get one of these. For that welder, it's going to be the easiest option.

Found many on eBay. You should be able to find a good used one for under $75 bux. Miller also offered ones much more elaborate but for your needs, this will do fine.

IMHO of course
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh edit, I see what you mean now. I actually have one similar to the one on the lower left of that machine, but it's been piecemealed for parts. I would have to see what's left of it. It will likely be useless to you unless complete.

The isolation switch like I pictured above can be set up anywhere on your rig. Italy serve as a temporary solution until you could find the actual part for your machine.

7a749,
    That would be great.
    If I could find one for $75 I'd be all over it.
    Right now there is one for almost 400 and one for almost 700.

weldordie,
    looks ok,
    https://www.millerwelds.com/accessor...-switch-301112
    is this the correct one for the big 40 or just a generic polarity switch, also what is the amp rating.
    Lincolin Power Wave 450, Lincoln Powermig 255, Lincoln Squarewave Tig 275, Miller Big 40 G(with Hobart Hefty suitcase), Thermal Arc 95S and Esab PCM875 in an already full machine shop.