New TIG Welder in the Making.
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

New TIG Welder in the Making.

Hi folks,
    I'm new to this site and to TIG welding, having been previously trained in Oxy-Acetylene welding while studying to be an aircraft mechanic. I'm shifting gears right now following some orthopedic surgery and major life changes. My expertise lies in heavy jet overhaul and not as a welder either but I'm getting into Light-Sport and General Aviation and having welding skills and an A&P certification means I can make some serious coin.
    I just ordered an LE SW200 which I am confident can help me make that happen. I still have a lot to learn about GTAW but at least I will know when I get it right! I have inspected far more welds than I ever made.
    In addition, I have ideas for some consumer goods I want to produce and sell.
    I also have some projects I want to work on just for me... I have a RANS S-12 aircraft which will be getting its fuel system replumbed. I'll be welding about a 1gal header tank out of SS304L. I also have a 2005 Suzuki M50 motorcycle which has sat for several years and needs an overhaul anyway. I'm going to build a trellis style cafe racer frame out of 6061 for it. Additionally, my 2001 VW Jetta would look really cool with a nice, polished, welded Al wing stuck on the trunk, which is definitely strong enough to support it without additional reinforcement.

Anyway, I look forward to the process of learning and I can already tell this site will be most helpful. I bought the SW200 in part based on comments made here.
    -----------------------------
    Lincoln Electric SW200
    Benzomatic Oxy-MAPP

"It's what's behind the mask that counts the most." - Mr. TIG

Re: New TIG Welder in the Making.

Welcome

Sounded ok until the wing on the trunk..... lol

Only car that looks good with a wing is a Roadrunner Superbird
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Re: New TIG Welder in the Making.

Welcome...
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast P/A 200