Dump Truck Subframe Repair. - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Dump Truck Subframe Repair.

Sorry for not having start or mid build pics of this. It's a rear slide assembly for the wing. Old one had bent and rewelded lower pin hole and the uppers were just worn out. Built all from 1/2" boxed in with internal stiffeners to keep it from twisting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Here is a front wing slide mount. I guess do to the age and that the original company is no longer in bussiness. These parts not only take awhile to get but more times than not are also incorrect due to a larger variation of differences or a fairly short time period. I'm told they do where out at a fairly decent rate due to the quality of the terrain being plowed. The originals are just regular mild steel. Do the few that I rebuilt I replaced with 3/4" AR400. Told them they would see a much longer life span now.
    Original coming apart via plasma gouge.

New plate cut than reinstalled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Nice work KD! I'm surprised someone hasn't opened a business in our area just for this stuff. I know Earle's does some but, I bet someone could do well if they tried. Just need the large $$$$$ to start it up!