Emergency need to cut lock - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Emergency need to cut lock

Weldingweb on the light side . . . I love it!

Jim
    Jim,

I don't mean to be argumentative and cantankerous,
    but I am getting older and a bit crotchety!

Addendum; AND CRANKY

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Too bad he didn't escape , I know a easy way to catch him. Guy I worked with lived in the jungle as a kid, YES FOR REAL ! He told me that they always caught monkeys to sell.
    Find a hollowed out tree with a hole in it about the size of a monkey's hand . Toss in a banana , the monkey finds it, he sticks his hand in to grab it. You walk up to him and grab monkey. The monkey will not let go of the banana so he has a fist grip on it. His hand will no longer fit through the hole. I have not tried this , YET !
    Bushmen did this to find water: poke a hole in a termite mound and put stones in while monkey watches, monkey is curious and reaches in, won't let go. Once you catch him, you put a lead on him, feed him salt, and off he goes to the nearest water source with you in tow.

Nothing beats "local knowledge"!

Name:  laughout.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  30.2 KB
    30+ yrs Army Infantry & Field Artillery, 24 yrs ago

Miller 350LX Tig Runner
    TA 210, spool gun
    Lincoln 250/250 IdealArc
    ESAB PCM 500i Plasma
    Kazoo 30" vert BS
    Kazoo 9x16 horiz BS
    Clausing 12x24 lathe
    20T Air Press

sad part is..... a post that doesn't make much sense at all to start with has created a thread 20 some posts deep...
    7*12 metal cutting bandsaw
    miller thunderbolt ac/dc
    tig torch
    victor oxy/ace cutting rig]
    hougen 904s mag drill...
    and of course the
    BFH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WeldingMachine View Post
    tannerite
    To dangerous, saw a post on You tube yesterday where some idiot blew his leg off with that stuff from 40 feet away when the shrapnel got him!

So Little Tommy is the monkey ok ???

Quote Originally Posted by jackdawg View Post
    To dangerous, saw a post on You tube yesterday where some idiot blew his leg off with that stuff from 40 feet away when the shrapnel got him!
    I watched it as well a few months ago. Still puzzled at WHY are binary explosives available for public use... Recreational in this case. I actually envy your freedom to bear arms BUT high explosives?

Anyway, what happened to the monkey? And the lock? And the coconut oil?

I watched it as well a few months ago. Still puzzled at WHY are binary explosives available for public use... Recreational in this case. I actually envy your freedom to bear arms BUT high explosives?
    You have it in Spain also, surely you can buy fertilizer (ammonium nitrate) and aluminum powder? That's all Tannerite is.
    Last edited by Fast Leroy; 01-10-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel_24 View Post

the problem is not what is available to the people..its the stupidity of the people that can get it....sort of a self solving problem when all the stupid people kill themselves...

With a little chemistry background household chemicals can become something to be considered "dangerous."

I don't have that background, but was amazed at what is possible with everyday products.
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Miller CP300
    Miller CP200
    Lincoln Idealarc 250/250
    Smith torch
    Lagun FTV-2
    Kent 13x40 TRL lathe
    Bunch of other metal cutting tools

What kind of key doesn't open a door?

A monkey!

Cut a new opening in the cage. Weld up a new door.

x2 on the monkey thing. Guessing it was either a hacked account or a joke. No further posts, and 2 full pages of followup, most of it just as random as the original question.

Still puzzled at WHY are binary explosives available for public use... Recreational in this case. I actually envy your freedom to bear arms BUT high explosives?
    I'd suggest Tannerite is fairly safe, as long as basic safety precautions are followed. As they say, "Read and follow label directions." For Tannerite, the minimum distance is 100 yards (NOT 40 feet), and never place these targets inside, on top of, or under any...surface that could produce flying debris or sparks, or within another object. This is dangerous and constitutes improper use of the product. The guy who lost the leg did everything wrong and paid a significant price for it. We live in the country, and regularly play with Tannerite. I've probably gone through 50 pounds of it (both commercial targets and home-made), never once injured anyone and no damage to anything other than the intended target.

Ignore basic safety precautions with welding equipment, compressed gasses, cutters, grinders, etc, and also run the risk of serious injury or death.

Mikel, if you ever visit the US, feel free to look me up (or a few others here) and we'll be happy to introduce you to Tannerite. It's a blast...(pun intended.).

The "monkey" thread is totally derailed, but still interesting.
    Hobbyist - At what point is a "hobby" out-of-control?

Started on 1 / 7 . I guess RAF must have decided to sell '' as is '' .

Quote Originally Posted by jackdawg View Post

Darwin would have loved Tannerite!