Welding torch id and regulator question
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Welding torch id and regulator question

Name:  P1080099.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  56.5 KB I inherited these torches from my father in law- any id on them ? why does #11 have an additional valve further up the handle and lastly the oxygen regulator had some kludged and soldered adaptor to attach to the tank- I took it to a local shop and they insisted the regulator was an argon one- the spigot does not mount to the o2 tank- but it had been used for o2 for at least 40 years- the spigot does not unthread- so is it possible to get an adaptor ? the local shop just threw a new kit on the table and said buy this or get out- needless to say Im not going back there

Re: Welding torch id and regulator question

They were saying it for your own good. If you don't know any more about it than what you've stated then you could be about to hurt your self. I'm not saying this to be mean but to let you know that this stuff can be very dangerous and if you don't know what you are doing, well, things could go bad very fast.