Political Thread 2017!! - Page 37
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Re: Political Thread 2017!!

Apparently he is trying to emulate his idol, Mr Trump.

" Open mouth, insert foot... get bit in the azz"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Dear God, this thread is spinning into the moronosphere.

Minnesota Dave, + 1e6.
    Canoecruiser
    Harris dual-stage O/A
    Lincoln 225/125 AC/DC
    Hobart IronMan 210
    Lincoln PowerMig 135
    Miller 3035 spoolgun
    Thermal Arc ArcMaster 185
    Thermadyne Cutmaster 52
    Clausing 2286 drill press
    And the usual toys....

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Leroy View Post
    I just can't ever see that happening here in the US. The National Guard is people like me and others on this site. I have to think that if they were given orders to go house to house and confiscate guns, most would not follow through on the orders. But you are correct that it would be crazy to rebel against a government by walking down the street waving your gun. I would prefer to wait in the shadows and pick em off one by one...
    That wasn't the point.......having guns according to a few is to prevent a government from being repressive to your way of life........if the answer is to rebel against the so called repressive government......which is a matter of opinion for the repressed......the government will call out the National Guard who are at his beck and call to maintain law and order and you'll get shot down in the street if you go out after curfew and have a gun in your hand etc.

I doubt that the National Guard would go from door to door as you say to confiscating guns that are in lawful and licensed posession, but they would patrol the streets to ensure hot heads kept indoors during curfew time, but if you so much as took to the streets with your gun and wanted to exercise your point of view.....they would show you quickly what that point of view would cost you.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    I struggle to see the benefit of having this thread on WeldingWeb at all....

Yesterday is the first I've read on it in quite a while and it does not seem to have any positive aspect to it.

In my opinion.
    Offtopic threads about politics and religion have "killed" a lot of forums. (and friendships)
    People get offended very easily if you talk about it.
    I usually stay away from both of them when I am talking to colleagues or "not so close" friends.

I never saw that in a stick vs Tig discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    Offtopic threads about politics and religion have "killed" a lot of forums. (and friendships)
    People get offended very easily if you talk about it.
    I usually stay away from both of them when I am talking to colleagues or "not so close" friends.

I never saw that in a stick vs Tig discussion
    Obviously there is no reason for arguments in Stick vs. Tig - there is a clear winner there.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Invertec v250-s and v300 Pro
    ESAB 161
    SA200
    MM210
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Obviously there is no reason for arguments in Stick vs. Tig - there is a clear winner there.
    Unless we bring in Mr Tig. That may make things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    Unless we bring in Mr Tig. That may make things interesting.
    Hey, don't bring us down to the gutter...it's all fun and games until "that name" gets brought up

And everyone knows who wins the Stick vs. Tig battle
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB 161
    SA200
    MM210

This thread and the old one were put here for honest discussion of things political. The ones that want to be a badaZZ here would probably be a whole different personality in a face to face meet. The name calling doesn't help anyone and all that's needed is for each to state their case and back it with facts.
    I got a chuckle this AM when I read on the news that after Trump was heckled so much over his Sweden remark, the Swedes, in fact, had a riot yesterday in one of the no go zones. Rocks, etc thrown at police and cars burned. Sounds like the "refugees" are really working hard to assimilate into the peaceful Swedish society!! Maybe they're learning from our own "snowflakes"!!
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"

Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Quote Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
    This thread and the old one were put here for honest discussion of things political. The ones that want to be a badaZZ here would probably be a whole different personality in a face to face meet. The name calling doesn't help anyone and all that's needed is for each to state their case and back it with facts.
    I got a chuckle this AM when I read on the news that after Trump was heckled so much over his Sweden remark, the Swedes, in fact, had a riot yesterday in one of the no go zones. Rocks, etc thrown at police and cars burned. Sounds like the "refugees" are really working hard to assimilate into the peaceful Swedish society!! Maybe they're learning from our own "snowflakes"!!
    Mike
    I could work with honest discussion, but point-by-point trying to make people look/feel stupid is not helpful or needed on the website in my opinion.

Name calling, play on names to make fun of people, etc. is too juvenile to be appropriate at this age level.
    Dave J.

Airco 300
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB 161
    SA200
    MM210

Emotions fuel fire gents. Without a doubt Ad Hominem is rampant online, utterly rampant.

Discussions turn quickly once anyone isolates an individual for specific behavior or comments. Free Speech allows us the Liberty to be as offensive as one can be without penalty so the best we can do is not respond to inflammatory remarks. Closing off discussion is also not the best solution, especially these days as the world spins faster and faster and reaching common ground is a sound goal for all political positions on most matters at least. From those quotes earlier

Name:  quote-when-angry-count-10-before-you-speak-if-very-angry-100-thomas-jefferson-307104.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  23.3 KB

Free speech is fine, but outright racism just makes the whole place look bad.

Hey, don't bring us down to the gutter...it's all fun and games until "that name" gets brought up

And everyone knows who wins the Stick vs. Tig battle
    Thankfully he doesn't pop up much on YouTube anymore. No matter the tig- stick argument, it would never ever be right to have a " Mr Stick".

Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    Thankfully he doesn't pop up much on YouTube anymore. No matter the tig- stick argument, it would never ever be right to have a " Mr Stick".
    I don't think someone could call themselves "Mr. Stick" with a straight face on a welding website

...other types of sites maybe
    Dave J.

Airco 300
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB 161
    SA200
    MM210

Billiards or hockey, any other would be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    or ..you dont go to the POLITICAL THREAD..then you have your feelings hurt...a novel idea isnt it???? seems all you want to do is bash the American way...from many of the posts you have posted in the past..
    If your attitude is the new 'American way' then, I'll continue to bash.....not just America either, there are plenty of people here that think it's okay as well.

Back in 2013, one of our best and greatest indigenous football players was called an ape, from someone in the crowd.
    That someone, turned out to be a thirteen year old girl that had no idea her comment was racist.

While she was evicted from the ground, the player in question was absolutely gutted but, he later implored for the young girl to receive support.

The same player, Adam Goodes, was named Australian of The Year in 2014, for his tireless work in the community and, advocacy against racism.
    Over the following two years, he was continually booed during matches, whether it was racism or not, it resulted in him retiring from the game.

As a consequence, there's no way I would consider remaining silent, particularly when the person considered it not only okay but, was actually proud of the fact.

Maybe the mods should reconsider where this thread is kept?
    As someone said..."It makes the whole place look bad".
    CIG 320SP pulse mig
    Mitech ACDC315P
    Samson 510 CNC plasma table
    Hypertherm 85
    Etc, etc.

"You don't stop laughing when you get old....You get old when you stop laughing".

Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    That wasn't the point.......having guns according to a few is to prevent a government from being repressive to your way of life........if the answer is to rebel against the so called repressive government......which is a matter of opinion for the repressed......the government will call out the National Guard who are at his beck and call to maintain law and order and you'll get shot down in the street if you go out after curfew and have a gun in your hand etc.

I doubt that the National Guard would go from door to door as you say to confiscating guns that are in lawful and licensed posession, but they would patrol the streets to ensure hot heads kept indoors during curfew time, but if you so much as took to the streets with your gun and wanted to exercise your point of view.....they would show you quickly what that point of view would cost you.
    You clearly do not understand America or Americans or the gun situation in this country, not surprising from someone from a country that willingly gave up their guns out of fear. So here are a few figures for you. My state of Minnesota has about 13,000 national guardsmen total. The US military has about 1.5 million service members, China about 2.3 million. Minnesota has about 2.3 million gun owners, and the average number of guns is about 8 per family. So that makes Minnesota gun owners right at about the biggest millitary in the world and with more weapons than even the largest military in the world. That is only 1 of 50 states and we are not the highest percentage of ownership in the US. If it did come down to a fight between them or us they would be so out matched the fight would be a short one. And that doesn't take into account that most military wouldn't fire on their own. Hopefully that will never be neccessary.

Jon
    Yeah, I know, but it'll be ok!

Lincoln Square wave 255
    Miller Vintage mig
    30a spoolgun
    Thermal Dynamics Pacmaster 100xl plasma
    Smith mc torch
    Ellis 1600 band saw

Quote Originally Posted by welderj View Post
    not surprising from someone from a country that willingly gave up their guns out of fear. Jon
    Not entirely true mate.

Not many willingly gave up guns and, certainly not out of fear.
    Most railed against the law until there was no recourse.
    All my guns fell under the new banned weapons act, I actually sold all mine before the law came into force.

Plus, it wasn't all guns, only rapid fire weapons.

Since then, we now have more guns in private ownership than ever, including handguns and, rapid fire.

The only fear, was the knee jerk reaction by the then government.....not by gun owners.

As for comments by puddytat......Please don't assume I agree with anything he posts.....I DON'T.
    CIG 320SP pulse mig
    Mitech ACDC315P
    Hypertherm 85
    Etc, etc.

"You don't stop laughing when you get old....You get old when you stop laughing".

A little change and not necessarily political. I just read on the news a physics teacher in Buenos Airies has been threatened with death if she doesn't pass all the students in her class on a test. I guess other countries besides us have their "snowflakes"!!
    As for puddytat and all his drivel, I just ignore because he doesn't have a dog in our fight and he constantly carries a huge spoon around to stir any pot he comes upon.
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"

Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Quote Originally Posted by Mick120 View Post
    Not entirely true mate.

Not many willingly gave up guns and, certainly not out of fear.
    Most railed against the law until there was no recourse.
    All my guns fell under the new banned weapons act, I actually sold all mine before the law came into force.

Plus, it wasn't all guns, only rapid fire weapons.

Since then, we now have more guns in private ownership than ever, including handguns and, rapid fire.

The only fear, was the knee jerk reaction by the then government.....not by gun owners.

As for comments by puddytat......Please don't assume I agree with anything he posts.....I DON'T.
    Lol, I think he's just a troll trying to get a rise out of us. I just like poking him once in a while.
    Jon
    Yeah, I know, but it'll be ok!

Lincoln Square wave 255
    Miller Vintage mig
    30a spoolgun
    Thermal Dynamics Pacmaster 100xl plasma
    Smith mc torch
    Ellis 1600 band saw

Finally seems like Trump made a decent pick with McMaster. I like everything I read about him so far. Seems a very smart and logical person that won't let politics get in the way of military or national security. He is also understands and is well versed in history.. your thoughts?

posted with Skype from mobile.. excuse the weird typos
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    Finally seems like Trump made a decent pick with McMaster. I like everything I read about him so far. Seems a very smart and logical person that won't let politics get in the way of military or national security. He is also understands and is well versed in history.. your thoughts?

posted with Skype from mobile.. excuse the weird typos

Intelligent, insightful, not afraid to go against the status quo.
    Seems like a good pick.
    CIG 320SP pulse mig
    Mitech ACDC315P
    Hypertherm 85
    Etc, etc.

Seems like a good pick.
    Trump will give him a couple of weeks and then '' YOU'RE FIRED '' !!! Does this new guy have enough $$$$ to stay ??? Seems like you need at least one million to open a cabinet door.

Probably fake news, but CNN reported today that Trump, (who often commented about Obama playing too much golf) has gone golfing 6 times in his first month in office. After Obama got in, he didn't go golfing until April 26th.

Seems like a good pick.
    agree.

Maybe he will finally be the one to convince Mr. Trump to give up his titter account.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

tWitter ....

sorry...

Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221