Business forum? - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Business forum?

Re: Business forum?

I owned four businesses in the empire(2 farms and 2 services---landscaping-sandblasting) over the years but left in 2005 so my input will surely be out-dated. I'd be interested, just to the point of the zillion new regulations that slithered in over the last decade or so. I've had many offers to come back and get involved. One was a Hotrod specific body shop in Georgia.I went to a lawyer to talk about it. I RAN out the door.
    I think it will be great for a forum like that for new guys. Too bad you ran chucklezzz2007.5 off. He's done everything right as far as business goes.

If there ever was a sub group who really needed support it is small businesses, and people thinking about taking the plunge .

Yeah I suppose it could be helpful to people thinking about it. I'd say most people vastly underestimate the amount of paperwork and filing involved with running a business, keeping track of customers, which ones need prices, scheduling jobs, prioritizing job, not forgetting to call back new customers, sending invoices, setting up appointments, filing everything for future reference....

the unfortunate part of your own business is many times you have to be a cold hearted scum bag to deal with some people...its just the nature of the beast, as you will find more people trying to scam than being good customers...you need to be firm in what you say and ready to walk away from jobs that you get that quezzy feeling about..but it is also one of the most rewarding experiences too, and all the money you earn goes to you along with all the problems , issues and aggravation..if there was one item that many business owners complain about its the having to be that hard nosed person to some customers..and then there are customers from heaven that are great, but that doesnt come around too often..lol