Dry cut blades??
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Dry cut blades??

I have a DeWalt DW872 14" dry cut saw, I'm looking for opinions on which replacement saw blade to buy. Should I go ahead and buy another DeWalt blade?

Re: Dry cut blades??

I'm sold on the Tenryu stabilizer dry cuts but if your wallet needs a break the Oshlun are real decent . as good as the Makita and Lincoln originals ( I dont know about Dewalt blades) Of you do stainless you may want to researsh Diablo Ceremet 2. Yeah. Version 2. Its supposed to do stainless and regular steel equally. I cut all my stainless with plasma so haven't gotten a ceremet 2 yet.
    Soon enough. I'm sure

Oshlun has various blades that are ground for steel, aluminum, and stainless. If you go that route make sure you use the correct blade for the material. We bought one of each at work but I was too lazy to change the blade and so it didn't last as long as it probably should have. I change the blades for the material now.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 375 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    I'm sold on the Tenryu stabilizer dry cuts but if your wallet needs a break the Oshlun are real decent . as good as the Makita and Lincoln originals ( I dont know about Dewalt blades) Of you do stainless you may want to researsh Diablo Ceremet 2. Yeah. Version 2. Its supposed to do stainless and regular steel equally. I cut all my stainless with plasma so haven't gotten a ceremet 2 yet.
    Soon enough. I'm sure
    Thank you! I went with the Oshlun. I might invest in a Tenryu later but for now you can't beat $70.

Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Oshlun has various blades that are ground for steel, aluminum, and stainless. If you go that route make sure you use the correct blade for the material. We bought one of each at work but I was too lazy to change the blade and so it didn't last as long as it probably should have. I change the blades for the material now.
    Thanks! I went with the mild steel blade.

I love the Diablo streel demon. They're $115, but that cermet carbide is awesome and I can get 2-3 sharpenings out of a blade.

One of the sales pitches for the drycut saws is that you can have the blades sharpened. Has anyone done that, and do they work as well as new? I was looking at this site (I don't need the service yet, just thinking ahead.) the price seems good compared to buying a new one, although shipping might only make sense if you did several blades at a time.
    https://www.familyhardware.com/pages...FQ90fgodA3MIUw

Absolutely you can have them sharpened, up to the point there's not enough carbide left. Make sure they do that tri angle sharpening. They do work like new once sharpened.
    Millermatic 251
    Hobart 190 w Spoolgun
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    Evo 380 / Femi ABS NG 120