PowerMax30 Air Error / locked up
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

PowerMax30 Air Error / locked up

I have 15 minutes on my Powermax30 Air and after ordering parts and metal all week - I begin my project. I get into it for about 5 minutes and notice that when I pull my finger off the trigger, the gun stays powered / still cutting.

I though my glove was getting stuck in the trigger, so I just kept cutting g down the other side of the angle iron and when I got done - it was pretty clear the gun would not shut off!!

I pulled the trigger a few times and finally it shut off - but the machine began flashing alternating overtemp and internal compressor. I cycle the power, cycled the trigger, changed voltage - must be a stuck trigger assembly is the only thing I can think of. Is there any other way to reset this thing - it only has a knob and a power switch. Anybody else ever have this issue?

Too bad because I timed things out not expecting to have a down piece of equipment - especially with 15 minutes on it...

Thanks in advance is anybody has any recommendations before they open in the morning...

Re: PowerMax30 Air Error / locked up

Solved:

Trigger switch stuck closed. Disassembled the gun, unplugged the switch and the machine worked fine. Exercised the switch and reassembled - all is good. Prolly need to see if they can send me a new switch.

Hope this helps somebody else.

Re: PowerMax30 Air Error / locked up

Tech Service will take care of you. Have your serial number when you contact them. technical.service@hypertherm.com 0r 1 800 643 9878 . Keep us posted!

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by Flywheel View Post
    Solved:

Trigger switch stuck closed. Disassembled the gun, unplugged the switch and the machine worked fine. Exercised the switch and reassembled - all is good. Prolly need to see if they can send me a new switch.

Hope this helps somebody else.