Solid brass fitting
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Now I know why I'm not using much gas

Name:  IMG_20170216_163735151.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  44.9 KB
    I have not used my welder much, but was practicing today and got to wondering if my gas flow was correct. The low pressure gauge was not returning to zero, so I started looking for what might be up. Finally disconnected the hose from the regulator to the welder and was shocked to see the hole in the fitting was not drilled all the way through. Gonna call ESAB tomorrow when they open.
    Last edited by jrporter; 02-16-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Re: Solid brass fitting

im glad you found the issue! i probly would have been elbow deep in that regulator lol
    bosses stuff:
    trailblazer 325
    maxstar 200

my stuff:
    sa 200
    fronius transpocket 180
    100 amp Lincoln w/f
    97 f350 DIT

Kevin

No kidding! It's still under warranty, so I was not planning on doing any surgery. At least I know why I was getting so much spatter. I am rather disappointed that the quality control was so lacking - makes me wonder what else might be wrong I have not found yet.

Talked to ESAB customer service. They were great (maybe a little embarrassed) and are sending me out a new hose today. I had thought the poor performance I was getting was due to the fusion tips on the mig gun, which don't seem to be very popular. I'm interesting to see how the gun does with gas.