Figuring out the straight length of a flatbar after its been rolled into a circle - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Figuring out the straight length of a flatbar after its been rolled into a circle

Quote Originally Posted by hommeacier View Post
    Your reply is WRONG.
    Broccoli1 is correct. Unless you have a very expensive computer controlled ring rolling machine available you can use, you'll have to allow for flats on both sides of the ring.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Figuring out the straight length of a flatbar after its been rolled into a circle

Flats are easily removed by backrolling using the common power or hand crank slip roll.
    Last edited by hommeacier; 04-22-2017 at 10:14 PM.

My mistake. you are correct Broccoli. I was referring to DGM's reply just before yours.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Ummmm...

Why not just wrap a tape measure around it?
    Because a standard tape measure is made to be used flat. You'd need to use a pi tape to get a correct measurement.

Same here. I have a few years in a fab shop and I'm just now starting out on my own. I still have my day job as a jr Project Manager but I plan on starting my own company in a few years. I just turned 20 Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by hommeacier View Post
    Flats are easily removed by backrolling using the common power or hand crank slip roll.
    I didn't think you could roll 1/4" steel in a slip roll. I'll have to check into that, I could have used one just the other day, Thanks.