Irish Fixit's tools for sale
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Irish Fixit's tools for sale

As most long time WW members know, in the fall of 2015, we lost a talented and well respected member, Wayne Cook aka Irish Fixit.

Member Guajilloweld03 posted a couple days ago about an Amarillo Craigslist ad that was placed by the Cook family listing the tool sale.

I contacted Wayne's daughter, Gabrielle, and offered to try and help get the word out on the family's efforts to sell a lifetime of collected tools. Gabrielle stated that she would welcome any WW members in the area to visit or inquire about the equipment. She did say that all the outside metal was sold.

The equipment is in Shamrock, Tx for those who may be interested. Here is the link to the Craigslist ad.

https://amarillo.craigslist.org/tls/5993799548.html

The very last thing I would want to do is send the family a few tire kickers or someone who would try to take advantage of their situation. If there is interest here I will ask Gabrielle to post additional pictures to this thread, or she can send them to me and I will post them. I don't want to get caught in the middle of pricing but will help in any way I can.

For the new members here, I would highly recommend looking back at some of Wayne's threads, " A Little History Tour" is One of the best for me and shows what a talented man he truly was.

Re: Irish Fixit's tools for sale

I hope the family does well on the stuff they have for sale. You did right by him posting this.

I'll make it a sticky for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    I hope the family does well on the stuff they have for sale.

Agreed I hope they do too.

I hope someone here buys the Abene vertical/horizontal mill shown in the second picture. Excellent mill, made in Sweden. http://www.lathes.co.uk/abene/index.html

Name:  abene mill Irish Fixit.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  27.0 KB
    "USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250, Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    Firepower TIG 160S (gave the TA 161 STL to the son)
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder

I would take the mill if it wasn't so far away. I am very grateful for all the information he shared here.

I'm really surprised to see it sold off piecemeal on CL

Here an estate auction is common.

It' gets highest prices and everything goes
    You're not stuck with some things.

That is some heavy duty stuff, hope they get their asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by 12345678910 View Post
    I'm really surprised to see it sold off piecemeal on CL

Here an estate auction is common.

It' gets highest prices and everything goes
    You're not stuck with some things.
    Told the wife if we move, I'm having an auction. All those potential buyers get in a frenzy and try and outbid their neighbors, at least in my experience at local auctions. Old, broken stuff brings like new money.

I was really surprised too that they didn't have one after Wayne passed. I was expecting it.

I would borrow some money from my mom to go out there and purchase some of his stuff if it were practical. I'm at capacity right now as it stands lol.

I was really surprised too that they didn't have one after Wayne passed. I was expecting it.

I would borrow some money from my mom to go out there and purchase some of his stuff if it were practical. I'm at capacity right now as it stands lol.
    '' capacity right now '' ??? What the .............. No such thing as being at capacity. A now deceased neighbor of mine would just add on another garage. When he died he had SEVEN garages side by side. YES , FOR REAL !!! His wife had a auction and the stuff he had accumulated was amazing.

That is what they make Tarps for!

The sad thing is I am sure there are so many do dads and widgets that the average person wouldn't know what they are that will get lumped into a box of unrelated stuff. Hopefully most of it finds good homes
    Millermatic 252
    millermatic 175
    miller 300 Thunderbolt
    lincoln ranger 250
    smith torches
    lots of bfh's
    If it dont fit get a bigger hammer

I'd just like to echo one point in the original post, because some people are hard-headed and don't get it.

If your goal is to pick up some quality equipment and help support the family of someone who, as far as I'm concerned, was in the top three members of this site knowledge-wise, then get out there and buy some stuff.

If your goal is to penny-pinch the family thinking you're going to get good stuff for next to nothing, then you need to move on. A lot of people don't realize that the experienced members of this site are giving away information for free that you'll never find in any book, or in any school. Many times pausing paying work in order to type a few sentences to help somebody out of a bind. Don't disrespect the memory of someone like that. If you do, and we find out, we're coming to your house to beat the crap out of you. Just saying.
    Applied Fabrications, LLC

Mobile Welding / Mechanical Repair in VA's Piedmont & Shenandoah Valley

Well said t bone. You could also send a certain someone over to collect the stuff
    Millermatic 252
    millermatic 175
    miller 300 Thunderbolt
    lincoln ranger 250
    smith torches
    lots of bfh's
    If it dont fit get a bigger hammer