Stupid kills - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid kills

Re: Stupid kills

Here ya go. . When ever I start falling asleep, I pull this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what exactly do you use that for?
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200withspoolgun,MKCobra Mig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig3ea.

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    So what exactly do you use that for?
    Too reduce welds on alum, if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That, my friends is an extremities remover. From appearances, a very efficient one as well.
    Regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by HT2-4956 View Post
    I remember thinking the first time I saw one of these "Lancelot" blades for a 4.5" grinder...."Man, there's a bad idea". After watching a friend use one I mustered up the courage to give it a go myself. Turned out it wasn't nearly as hairy as I was anticipating it was going to be.

Normally I don't like to have the guard on my 4.5" grinder but if I was going to be using one of these on it I'd definetly take the time to re-install it.

http://www.dhcsupplies.com/store/p/4.../8-Center.html
    About 6 weeks back I was using a cutoff wheel on an angle grinder to notch some 1/4 plate when I hit a kickback zone, the grinder kicked down & into my right thigh, the damage cost me a pair of jeans and a minor flesh wound, I'm convinced that had I been using a guard it would have been much worse due to the angle the grinder hit my leg. I think it would have levered the wheel INTO my leg much like the bucking teeth on a chainsaw.I normally try to leave he guards on, but as we all know, sometimes it's just not practical and we have to take increased risks.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    About 6 weeks back I was using a cutoff wheel on an angle grinder to notch some 1/4 plate when I hit a kickback zone, the grinder kicked down & into my right thigh, the damage cost me a pair of jeans and a minor flesh wound, I'm convinced that had I been using a guard it would have been much worse due to the angle the grinder hit my leg. I think it would have levered the wheel INTO my leg much like the bucking teeth on a chainsaw.I normally try to leave he guards on, but as we all know, sometimes it's just not practical and we have to take increased risks.
    I agree, never use guards. And like Traditional Japanese woodworkers, sit on the floor. Soon, the Darwin theory will be proven. You will take yourself out of the gene pool by severing either an artery, or something you'd need to be a sperm donor.

Willie
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

That's why I generally try to leave the guards on, & as far as a sperm donor.............. and I never work Japanese style cause I couldn't get up! LOL
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN