L-Tec PCM-VPi but it is said
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

L-Tec PCM-VPi 20 year old machine any good

Thinking about looking at one for sale. I did a little research on this unit and see that it is basically the same as a ESAB PCM-625i 40amp plasma cutter. At 20 years old would this be a decent plasma cutter if the price is right and are consumables still available. I don't know what torch it has but it is said to be working good. It is a green machine labeled with L-tec VPi

Name:  IMG_0037.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  49.7 KBName:  IMG_0036.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  29.3 KB
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 03-19-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Re: L-Tec PCM-VPi but it is said

N2,

The torch should be a PT-31XL 25'. As far as I know, this is a torch that has a large aftermarket behind it.
    I don't know much about the history of the unit.

It is the same as the ESAB 625. Nothing changed forever on these. They were very popular and pretty durable too. The torch is the PT31 as stated above and it and the consumables are very inexpensive on E-Bay. As any inverter it could last 1 day or another 10 years. If I remember correctly from my distributor days selling a Lot of VPI's the torch system is designed for Drag Cutting. There are a crap load of these VPI's still on the job. Just remember you can buy a New 40 amp 115/230v Thermal Dynamics with a 4 year warranty for under 1K. Just mentioned it as a price measuring tool.

Thanks for the info. The price seems fair to me for what it is. I Would not dream of buying without checking it out under load for some time to make sure it gives a good bill of health. Thank you again. If it is stil available I think I will go check it out.

I was interested in learning about how well they perform and how nice of a cut they give.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Seller said it has not been used in 5 years so he is going to get it hooked up today and let me know how it works. I still need to test for myself but at least this way I won't waste my gas and time to look at the machine.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350