Auto Axcess 300 Welder Currently on Robot - Want to use manually
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Auto Axcess 300 Welder Currently on Robot - Want to use manually

A few years ago, I setup a Motoman Robot to weld in my shop ..... It all worked great, but I did not pursue using it too much, other interests are keeping me busy.

- When I installed the robot ... I purchased a brand spanking new miller Auto Axcess 300 .... the wire feed unit is mounted directly on the elbow of the robot ... and uses a water cooled machine welding torch.

- I do not want to dismantle any of the workings that are already installed on the robot (want to be able to go back easily)..... but I also want to be able to utilize the Miller AutoAxcess 300 welder in our normal daily (manual) welding routines.

- I emailed service at Millerwelds.com ... and I got a prompt and helpful reply....

They advised I need:

"You will need the smart adaptor cable which converts an auto axcess to a semi auto, allowing you to weld by hand. There is a trigger cable included."
    - 300012 Smart Adaptor

When I asked about the drive roll and weld torch... this was the reply.

- The AA-40GB wire drive and the Bernard Q4015AE8EMC is what is used today.

- I am not a hard core welder .... Nor am I familiar with the Auto Axcess 300 (other than having this one.... which has only been used a few times on the robot).

- My daily us welder is a Lincoln c300 (which I love)

- If I am not mistaken... the Auto Axcess 300 should not be too far different from the c300 capabilities?

- I am not discounting the advice I got from Miller tech support..... I just wanted to put this out there and see if there were any other options..... also get feedback from others with more experience than I have.

Regards,
    Curtis

Re: Auto Axcess 300 Welder Currently on Robot - Want to use manually

You'll need a 42 volt feeder to run off the Axcess power supply to start with. I'm not exactly sure if it's similar to something like the Auto Invision which can be run with a pendant, or by making some changes to the control circuitry (basically installing a pot on the panel to control the output and disconnecting the robotic interface..)

I know a guy who has some Axcess stuff, but I am unsure if he has a spare feeder laying around. Usually, these machines are sold as a complete setup, being the feeder runs off an uncommon supply voltage (some Linc stuff does too however).

I can put you in touch with him if you want. I'm not getting anything out of it, but he might be able to help you. A used feeder is a tough find used for these machines. At least from what I know anyways.

I found an AA-40GB on ebay ... but they want new retail price for it (it is new as in un-used, but bought as overstock)..... I was really hoping for a more affordable solution.

-- If you could put me in touch with someone ... that would be very helpful, Thank You!

--- Any feedback on the Mig Gun that Miller recommended? (Bernard Q4015AE8EMC)

Pictures
    Name:  20160311_180722.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  30.5 KB
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Name:  20160311_180502.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  51.5 KB
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Name:  20160311_180349.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  36.8 KB

- Just a few pictures -
    Last edited by herrmc; 03-21-2017 at 03:43 AM. Reason: I had the same picture in there twice

I sent you a PM.

As far as guns, any gun with a Miller connection end on it will work. You can buy a new Bernard gun on eBay for $120 and less if you look around. Drive rolls for the feeder are all the same too. You can even use the ones out of your robotic setup for the time being, as long as they're the same size as the wire you want to run manually. The actual drive setup is the same one used on the 60 and 70 (not 75 series) series feeders. All that stuff is pretty standardized.
    Last edited by 7A749; 03-21-2017 at 08:46 AM.