Lincoln SA200 generator
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Lincoln SA200 generator

So my machine won't start and now I'm at the generator trying to replace the points and condenser. In the process I broke the gear that drives the rotor, which I will get to later. My first question is what do you need to grease on the points? There's a small package with felt paper and small capsules of grease, but, because I've never done this, I don't know where it goes. When I tried to take the condenser off, my screwdriver chipped a tooth off that gear I previously mentioned. I ordered a new one, replaced it, but then realized that now the rotor timing is completely different than it was before. What are the next steps I should take to get the timing correct? Should I try to put it in the same place as the old one?
    Thanks

The gear I'm mentioning is the one on the left side of the picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CJohn; 01-05-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Re: Lincoln SA200 generator

So is it not important to grease the points or parts when replacing them?

What you have a photo of & are describing is the magneto. Go here & order the free CD for the SA 200.
    http://weldmart.com/technical/manuals.htm
    Look here for the info requested.
    http://weldmart.com/technical/FairbanksManual.htm
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.
    -Cree Indian Proverb

SA 200 Lincoln
    Victor Torches

great thank you for the help

On the second website, 8th page, it talks about reassembling the bearing support assembly. As yall can see on the previous photo it's the distributor gear that has chipped the tooth. I have a new distributor gear, and for timing the engine, it says to match the "c" or "a" of the distributor gear to the "red marked" tooth on the pinion rotor gear. My first question is how do know if it's a counter clockwise or clockwise rotating machine? (more so which gear are you basing the motion off of? The distributor or pinion gear) And the second question is what if there is no red mark on the pinion gear? Do I have to buy a new one?
    Thank for all your help this has been a headache for a long time now and that gave me some great headway on it

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.
    -Cree Indian Proverb

SA 200 Lincoln
    Victor Torches

That helped so much thanks! I also noticed on some of the pictures and on my pinion gear that there's a very small indention opposite of the flat side of the drive. I'm pretty positive that's where the "red mark" should be, but because of age it faded. Im really looking forward to trying this out thanks for all the help