A question about international employment
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

A question about international employment

I am currently a student at a technical college in Georgia, US. I want to work internationally once I finish trade school. What companies offer the best opportunities to work abroad?

Re: A question about international employment

Georgia Trade School?

You will need to ensure wherever you are getting your qualifications is recognised internationally, and valid for the type of work you will want to do. Some trades use their certifications as a control of whom can enter the industry, rather than just whether or not you are qualified, so you may need to chose the countries you might like to work in carefully.

Even interstate recognition can be difficult to obtain in Australia in some trades, without even worrying about overseas quals.

For example details of welding certificates needed in Australia can be found here. (Click on the link to the application form).
    http://www.austwelding.com.au/welders-certification/

This link outlines the processes required to have trade skills obtained overseas to be recognised in Australia. I would expect you will have to run some sort of a similar process in most countries you might like to work in.
    http://www.tradesrecognitionaustrali...s/default.aspx
    Last edited by jackdawg; 04-26-2017 at 12:48 AM.

JB, welcome to the forum.
    Ask at your school.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast P/A 200