45xp p/n for plasma table?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

45xp p/n for plasma table?

Looking to get a 45xp to put on a Bulltear table with candcnc controls to replace older hypertherm unit. Candcnc indicate I should ensure plasma unit has rs485. It appears the hypertherm pn 088119 is the right one, if I'm reading the chart correctly it's 220v, 25' machine torch, cpc port plus "serial" which I assume is rs485. 088116 has same description but no mention of serial. Has anyone bought the 008119 and confirm this? I'll also have to purchase the candcnc advanced connection kit.

Thanks!

Re: 45xp p/n for plasma table?

Well the LWS says the 119 has the rs485 serial but its $350cdn more than the 116. Doesn't make sense as the field add on serial is what, $170usd Ian? 230cdn or so. Do I get something else with the 119 or ?

The 119 is more expensive because it includes interconnecting cables.......you should get those from CandCNC.com as the Hypertherm cables will not have the right connectors for the CandCNC ends.

I am on the road all week, so it is difficult for me to look up all combinations of part numbers .....you can always call Hypertherm customer service and they can help you choose the right system for your needs. Looking quickly on the web page...it does not look like there is a single part number that will get what you want...so I would suggest ordering A La Carte:

Power supply, 45 XP CSA with CPC, Serial Port 088105
    Starter consumable kit machine cutting 428560
    25' machine torch 088167
    work cable 223595

If you order like this you also need to specify an operators manual. Best regards, Jim Colt Hypertherm

thanks Jim. On your advice I spoke to customer support and will be ordering the following (in case this helps anyone else). A bit easier to keep straight than a la carte.

HYP 088116 (45xp w/25' machine torch)
    HYP 428654 45xp serial upgrade kit
    HYP 088165 (50' hand torch)
    HYP 223596 (50' work cable with clamp)