Harbor Freight Tools That ChuckE2009 Says Don't Suck
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Harbor Freight Tools That ChuckE2009 Says Don't Suck

Maybe someone will get something useful out of this.

Re: Harbor Freight Tools That ChuckE2009 Says Don't Suck

His videos annoy the crap out of me. Even fast forwarding through them it's painful to watch. That 20+ minute video has barely 2 minutes of information.
    Ryan

Miller Multimatic 200 tig/spool gun/wireless remote
    Millermatic 350P, Bernard/XR Python guns
    Miller Dynasty 350, Coolmate 3.5 & wireless remote
    CK WF1 TIG wire feeder
    Miller Spectrum 375 Xtreme
    Optrel e684
    Miller Digital Elite
    Miller Weld-Mask

I like his video's young bloke having a go and not afraid to put it out there.

Saw a video he put up the other day saying youtube add revenue has gone through the floor, so he was struggling with justifying keeping on going. Apparently youtube put some major advertisers adds on to some terrorism related stuff (or similar undesirable content), and the advertisers were less than happy and many have pulled all their money from youtube advertising.

ZERO interest.
    Miller 211/Spoolmate 100
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    Hypertherm PM 45
    Lincoln SP125 plus
    HTP 221
    Chicom spot welder

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

I don't like his videos simply because comments are disabled.

The girls at garage journal have page after page of this HF review stuff.Its like anywhere else. They have stuff that sucks, some that mehhhhhzzzz and some that's a steal. Shop wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDan View Post
    I don't like his videos simply because comments are disabled.
    Same here. He did allow comments for his video bashing You-Tube about their policy change.
    He could learn so much if he would turn his comments on and learn to sort thorugh the crap that will be posted.

Dan D.
    Manipulator Of Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    Maybe someone will get something useful out of this.
    Or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by DanD78 View Post
    Same here. He did allow comments for his video bashing You-Tube about their policy change.
    He could learn so much if he would turn his comments on and learn to sort thorugh the crap that will be posted.

Dan D.
    Yeah it's like he doesn't want to be corrected when he's wrong, like all the videos from Everytown for Gun Saftey who disables like ratings in addition to the comments.

I already have a feeling this isn't going to go anywhere good.

If it goes south, it'll go away.

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    I hope you'll let this run its course, assuming comments are factual, not divisive.

At any rate I found that guy hard to listen to, more attitude than knowledge, but (to a slight degree) worthwhile in that I learned something new from him. Not sure I could stomach a second vid of his right away.

I find it funny all the bashers keep posting his videos then bltch about them, if you dont like them then dont post them to cry over....just the same as all the cry babies that venture to the political threat just to bash the posters there..if you dont like..DONT LOOK..........

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    I hope you'll let this run its course, assuming comments are factual, not divisive.

At any rate I found that guy hard to listen to, more attitude than knowledge, but (to a slight degree) worthwhile in that I learned something new from him. Not sure I could stomach a second vid of his right away.
    Yeah, this whole thing has kind of run its course. At this point I think there isn't much to say that hasn't already been said.

Hobbytime has the best idea on this one.

Here's a guy who does great instructional videos. I found this one on changing blinker fluid very informative.

"USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250, Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    Firepower TIG 160S (gave the TA 161 STL to the son)
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder

Let the kid be a kid, the world is a bitch and hard as hell making it in welding. If he can further his career making welding videos, more power to him. Like someone said earlier, if you don't like him, don't watch him. Don't critisze him for doing what 99 percent of the people on this forum would like to do. I do my best not to criticize people who work for a living. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    I find it funny all the bashers keep posting his videos then bltch about them, if you dont like them then dont post them to cry over....just the same as all the cry babies that venture to the political threat just to bash the posters there..if you dont like..DONT LOOK..........
    I agree, I'm getting tired of people bashing him, just give it a rest already

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Under the circumstances, who would allow comments to be made anyway? All he could expect would be the trolls with an agenda taking contrary positions to Whatever he said...

Rock On ChuckE!

HF tools that don't suck??? Which one is it? Should be a pretty short video.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

I didn't think he's videos were bad. He spent a bit of time on them and took them seriously. I did unsubscribe when he disabled comments. In DIY vids, comments can be helpful to learn of a better or safer way of doing things. Who cares about trolls, we all know they're out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMan23 View Post
    I agree, I'm getting tired of people bashing him, just give it a rest already

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    i agree. if they dont like his video then dont watch it.
    always some people who complain about everything. you could say its going to be a sunny day and high of 77 degrees and they would still complain about the weather all day long. same as working with other people and they go on for hours about the last guy they worked with and all the things that they dont like about the person.
    i have even heard of people complaining about other people who complain about other people and go on for hours about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldendum View Post
    Here's a guy who does great instructional videos. I found this one on changing blinker fluid very informative.

Here is where you can get the synthetic blinker fluid for more blinks per fill up. http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?

main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=22&zenid=nOb483D0QqciUCxCFYFXQ2

Click on "Home" at the top of the page for more EXCELLENT automotive parts that you can' find anywhere else. You don't have to use Chris Fix's brand of blinker fluid if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    I already have a feeling this isn't going to go anywhere good.

Maybe just add it to the sticky above, "Harbor Freight Tools That Don't Suck". It can just be a continuation on the subject. Someone else's opinion, as it were.

Maybe just delete this thread that gets my vote

ChuckE is not that bad. Yes I will fast forward sometimes because well he is sometimes as brash/ foolish as I was at his age. But most of the videos have something useful and if nothing else you get a lot of info on things not to do.

As for the thread topic, old chuckE is quite hard on tools, as in abuses the hell out of them so HF stuff that has survived him is probably a good indication that it will survive you. And he moved thousands of miles from home and set up shop and is staying above water. I give him a big thumbs up on that.

I agree he's not that bad...

On topic, HF has some stuff I like. Goop hand cleaner, meguairs cut/polish compound, and many hand tools are ok. Alot of stuff they have is great for homeowners that want something to make their life easier on an one-off project. If I were a pro HVAC guy, I might buy an expensive set of HVAC ratchet wrenches and nut drivers, but I'm not, so I get a full set from HF for half the price of a single, high quality wrench for those days I find myself replacing parts every few years. I have their $200 bandsaw and it works ok with a lennox blade, but I want to mod it and add hydraulics.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk