Oleg....
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Oleg....

Oleg....

Hello Oleg,

When will Home Depot have more 210EXT's?

Re: Oleg....

Shoot if i knew home depot sold em i would of bought one from there!! Just ordered one direct from everlast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, no shipping costs, pick up local and there are other warranty options to consider w/ HD also.

Prob more money tho.. the HD in fl dont carry them that ive seen

You have to get one ordered online via the HD app, then they ship it in for pickup. They don't stock it in the stores. And, currently they are out, so I thought I'd poke Oleg for a delivery to the store. They sell there for about $1667.

Direct from everlast is hundreds cheaper..

Pm lugweld.

I ordered a 200dv and it should be at my door today.

Well,

There's free shipping when buying from Everlast directly and from them on Amazon, and no State sales tax outside the Alta California zone. So, as a matter of conscience, I prefer to keep the difference in the productive economy and out of the extortion-paid monopolists.

And, I suppose the only benefit in a HD purchase is that if you had a problematic unit at the outset, that you could walk it right back into the store for a refund. But, in the first 30 days Everlast gurantees 100% satisfaction, which includes free return shipping (UPS pick-up) that I've actually had experience with, firshand, but not with my 210EXT.

So, if you are really a set on a 210EXT, I'd just call Everlast and speak to the actual sales staff for direct info, rather than trying to flag down the owner of Everlast on a forum like this. Although, his is a forum member I'm sure, so maybe you could PM him directly if you really want to.

Or, at Amazon it's been recently marked-down from $1799 to $1650, probably because it's momentarily out-of-stock, which makes it a good time to buy there, to me. AHP sells that way too, i.e., it's cheaper when it's out-of-stock.

I mean, why wait for it to be in-stock to place the order, as the price will undoubtedly be quickly moved higher, and you'll have had to wait for it to be in-stock anyway, and it will probably take longer for it to be in-stock at HD.

So, if you call Everlast you might get the mark-down to $1650 that shows on Amazon right now, which may never appear at HD, and especially with sales tax added.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sport View Post
    You have to get one ordered online via the HD app, then they ship it in for pickup. They don't stock it in the stores. And, currently they are out, so I thought I'd poke Oleg for a delivery to the store. They sell there for about $1667.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 05-10-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast 210EXT AC/DC (2015)
    CAT250D 200 amp DC TIG/Stick/Plasma

Those "shorty"cups Jody sells, sure work great from my stuff!

Name:  P1010819.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  164.5 KB

Charl

Need to get me some

Oleg, HD, reseller, direct sales and/or Lugweld, when are the 210EXT's going to be in stock again? I'm not in a hurry but I'll set a reminder and get all my feces amalgamated for the purchase. Ideally I want a better foot pedal than the box offers and CK like flex torch #17 with the water cooled torch (which I may be glad I have quickly in the future).

I'm still thinking about the 255EXT in case I see a great deal on one pop up in the mean time. Hint Hint.
    Last edited by T-Sport; 05-11-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Someone I know of has a 210EXT ordered already, and was given an arrival time of early-June.

But, again, if you wait for them to be in-stock they'll probably cost more, as Everlast is a retailing importer, i.e., when an item is out-of-stock, lowering the price increases the demand and helps anticipate how much supply to order.

That marketing method really is good for consumers and is smart for suppliers alike, i.e., budget shoppers can get a bit better pricing by sacrificing a little time preference and suppliers can better anticipate demand.

Oleg, HD, reseller, direct sales and/or Lugweld, when are the 210EXT's going to be in stock again? I'm not in a hurry but I'll set a reminder and get all my feces amalgamated for the purchase. Ideally I want a better foot pedal than the box offers and CK like flex torch #17 with the water cooled torch (which I may be glad I have quickly in the future).

I'm still thinking about the 255EXT in case I see a great deal on one pop up in the mean time. Hint Hint.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

210EXT or 255EXT... just need to figure out the need. I hear ya on the $ factor on availability. And seeing one w/ it's torch/pedal/etc in action would be worth it, I think, before I set my wallet free.

Oleg....

They actually now come with a nice pedal and standard 26 style torch..

They did away with that ugly blue handle bulky torch.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...88195f7e7d.jpg

Well,

I'm guessing that you've never really TIG welded before, and are therefore being super-cautious about machine sellection, which is understandable.

The Everlast EXT units are "advanced-feature" (waveforms, digital interface, memory function, etc.) TIG units. I mean, they're a best-value in that class of units, but are still a good choice for a beginner because of that fact.

However, for a beginner on a budget, the AHP AlphaTIG (at $750 delivered) is a best-value in the "full-feature" TIG unit class, i.e., it has AC frequency adjustment, Pulse, etc. It's a proven 200 amp AC/DC unit for beginners and old pros alike, while being priced at less than half of a 210EXT. I almost bought one instead of my 210EXT a couple of years ago, but that was just before the AHP included AC frequency control as a feature, which I wanted. Of course, the AHP now does have it and has made itself a sort of Black Swan in the TIG unit marketplace, happily so for consumers.

210EXT or 255EXT... just need to figure out the need. I hear ya on the $ factor on availability. And seeing one w/ it's torch/pedal/etc in action would be worth it, I think, before I set my wallet free.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

I've tigged steel enough, but I'm a blue kinda guy and would break stride to get a reliable Chinese unit with the same features. It's an aluminum thingy with AC blingy that I'm wanting to add without splainin to wifey why I bought a non-American made piece of doggie doo.

So, I'm wondering if my Miller foot pedal will work with the EXT's. That would be awesome!

I've tigged steel enough, but I'm a blue kinda guy and would break stride to get a reliable Chinese unit with the same features. It's an aluminum thingy with AC blingy that I'm wanting to add without splainin to wifey why I bought a non-American made piece of doggie doo.

So, I'm wondering if my Miller foot pedal will work with the EXT's. That would be awesome!
    You do know that Miller is a Chinese unit assembled here in America, Not made here in the USA
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com

Tec.Mo. Wholesale Distributor and Dealer
    Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's.

Nah,

The Miller potensiometer resistances are different than Everlast, as I believe than most Everlast TIG units are now settling on a 25K Ohm values. And the pinout/plugs are different too.

But, the EXTs, being digital, are apparently quite forgiving with different value pots for amptrol devices, as my 2015 EXT was designed for a 47/50K pot, but I use it just fine with a CK SteadyGrip that has a 25K pot in it.

Of course, some of the Red and Blue units have a lot of Asian internals that probably come from the same factories/sites as Everlast units.

Shhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, even at MSRP, the EXTs are comparable in their performance and features to Dynasty units, but are about 1/3 the price after accessories are considered, which the EXTs include at no extra charge.

But, again, the 255 and 210EXT seem to be marked down right now, since they're not in the Everlast warehouse at the moment.

Right now is a good time to buy one, and undoubtedly better than waiting till marked back up as they're proverbially flying off the shelves at the Everlast warehouse again.

So, every EXT comes with an adequate foot pedal right out of the box, which may alleviate any added expense or explaining necessary for the wife...

Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

You know,

The proven workhorse 250EX is marked-down at Amazon right now, and it even comes standard with a water-cooled torch. So, with the water-cooler priced at around $449, you could get the complete water-cooled TIG package on a 250 amp AC/DC unit for just under $2000.

Name:  250EX.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  69.9 KB
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

I initially looked at the 250EX. The EXT's have more digital features: HF start, more pulse options, more wave forms and the memory to store favorite settings among other nice-ities. I have some worries about the 250EX quality others have expressed. Then I start thinking about that AHP and can have it for about half the cost of the 250EX. Once I hear back from Everlast on a deal of the century for me, I'll whip out the cc and do it. I'm not in a hurry. But I hear ya on the low pricing / availability thoughts... and there are 255EXT's available now.

Yeah,

I think the advanced features in the EXTs are worth the added cost. But, yeah, the AHP is a compelling value, too.

I initially looked at the 250EX. The EXT's have more digital features: HF start, more pulse options, more wave forms and the memory to store favorite settings among other nice-ities. I have some worries about the 250EX quality others have expressed. Then I start thinking about that AHP and can have it for about half the cost of the 250EX. Once I hear back from Everlast on a deal of the century for me, I'll whip out the cc and do it. I'm not in a hurry. But I hear ya on the low pricing / availability thoughts... and there are 255EXT's available now.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

Yeah,

The AHP has been marked-down again on Amazon, to $680, plus about $30 in shipping, for a delivered price of around $710!

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Name:  AHP.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  74.4 KB
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone

Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Yeah,

The AHP has been marked-down again on Amazon, to $680, plus about $30 in shipping, for a delivered price of around $710!

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Name:  AHP.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  74.4 KB
    This price is not new.

Well,

It's the new, old price.

That is, when the AHP is not in stock, they seem to list it on Amazon at that price ($680 + shipping = $710.50), but when it is in stock at the S.F. warehouse they seem to list it on Amazon at $719 + shipping = $749.50.

And the AHP seemed to be listed for quite some time at the $719 price at Amazon, so it was nice to see it recently listed at the $680 price again, even though those who buy at that price have to wait a little longer than those that buy at the $719 price.

But there's no guarantee that the $680 price will ever be seen again when it is changed to $719 or some other price. I mean, I think AHP used $709 at times too.

So, it always seems nice to me when that old $680 price is renewed!

It's the same with the 210EXT. I mean, when I bought mine two and a half years ago, the full MSRP was $1649, I believe. But it's now $1799, and is only now marked-down to $1650 since it's out-of-stock, temporarily.

I mean, I'm amazed that imported durable good prices, like welding units, don't go up quicker, since the State keeps expanding the fiat-currency supply, causing a loss of purchasing power in the USD and causing price inflation in most other sectors of the marketplace, i.e., housing, education, stocks, heathcare, food, and other artificially inflated "bubbles".

Once upon a time, before the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, when currency couldn't be too easily inflated by the State, since it was nearly all backed and redeeemable on demand by metal, there was price stability and a slight trend of deflation in prices of all things, due to increased production and improved manufacturing techniques, etc.

Name:  480317_454495644621258_1807300260_n copy.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  53.2 KB

Apart from temporary scarcity in "boom towns" or "gold rush areas", Price Deflation is the Free Market norm, but Price Inflation is a State-created intervention and maladaptation.

So, when a currency is being debased or the monetary supply is being expanded (that would be counterfeiting if you or I was doing it), making the currency worth less and less, is that the time to hoard the currency for savings as prices are risisng on almost everything?

Name:  553758_572243536179801_1136135239_n copy.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  67.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by XMilitary View Post
    This price is not new.
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 05-21-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Peace to you all,
    Christian Livingstone