Hand cleaner - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand cleaner

Re: Hand cleaner

my gloves come off for lunch and changing clothes at beginning/end of tour so my hands don't get that dirty. the soap/disinfectant in the dispensers that are stationed every 20 feet around the jail works fine for me.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

STOKO for the heavy stuff. Dawn for just oil and light grease
    -Doogie

Miller 350P
    Miller Trailblazer 325 EFI w/ Excel Power
    Lincoln LN25 suitcase welder
    XMT 304/22a feeder
    Miller Syncrowave 350LX
    Miller Econotig
    Hobart Handler 140
    (2) Uni-Hydro 42-14
    Hypertherm 65 plasma
    WEBB Gap bed lathe

Fast Orange all the way. Does a great job taking off grease and oil

Quote Originally Posted by Michael ray View Post
    What kind of hand cleaner are you using??

We used to get it from the uniform guy but they've changed to some crap like fast orange...i hate that stuff.
    Seems like it just runs off or gets too contaminated then while washing, your hands get sticky..
    I found some stuff at oreillys called "joes"
    Got 2 cans on sale for 20, one has the pumice and the other is without and seems to be my favorite.
    Just curious what you guys found that works good
    The best i have used new out of a jug is "mule head brand" fleetpride sells it , it also washes off easily and has a good cherry smell.

The absolute best i have ever used is "gojo" brand without pumice , but only after you let the can set for about a year and the brown stuff comes to the top . I'm assuming thats kerosene or something , because if you read the can it says it has petroleum distillates in it .

This is my favorite thing to use
    It's like go-jo on a paper towel, they work great. Cleans your hands like nothing else, and you don't need water.

I use pumice gojo in a pump. Boraxo works well too. The fast orange will dry out my hands in the winter and make me bleed.
    What drives me nuts is having to train my employees how to wash their hands. Every one will get their hands wet then pump the gojo onto their wet mits and watch it slide off and down the drain. Then use two or three more pumps and still not get clean. Got to put it on dry hands and rub it around before using water.
    Lincolin Power Wave 450, Lincoln Powermig 255, Lincoln Pro Mig 140, Lincoln Squarewave Tig 275, Miller Big 40 G(with Hobart Hefty suitcase), Thermal Arc 95S and Esab PCM875 in an already full machine shop.

I generally use Lava soap. Then Dawn if needed.

Snap-On truck had Christmas promo's one year, got 4 or 5 small bottles of Snap-On Gold Hand Cleaner (probably rebranded Kresto?). "Free" works good when the Scrubs in a Bucket won't clean or are not handy!

I have been buying that snap on cleaner but at 28 dollars for a jug that is about 2 quarts is kinda ridiculous
    It does work pretty good but it'll dry my hands out in the winter

Quote Originally Posted by Michael ray View Post
    None of our local stores have that boraxo..
    Dawn just doesn't cut the thick stuff very good, I keep it and others in the washroom but when the grease is thick it still takes multiple washes to get halfway clean
    When you have the thick black stuff to get off, try some 30Wt. motor oil(unused). Rub it in good all over as much as needed, then wipe your hands off with a rag and wash with Dawn, to get the oil off.

A shop I worked at years ago everyone used the same wash tub style sink to wash up. GOJO and LAVA were the flavors uese at that time. One day the drain backed up and they found the drain line had filled up with the soap grit to the point of no flow.
    They had to break the floor up and add a cleanout to clear the hard blockage.

Dan D.
    Manipulator Of Metal

Quote Originally Posted by rexcormack View Post
    Good ole southern fried chicken works better than anything else I've used!
    Really, no joke.
    Potato Chips....

Pretty much anything greasy.
    RGL Motorsports #129
    RL Ironworks - Random side stuff....

I toss a scoop of laundry detergent in a five gallon pail and leave it outdoors near my work area with a few rags. I use packets of dishwasher detergent when I work away from the house. Cuts grease nicely and when I'm done it gets poured on fire ant mounds. The mix percolates into the mound and the soap ensures fire ants won't reoccupy the site. I haven't bought ant bait in thirty years and I'm in South Carolina!

I'll use whatever hand cleaner is handy but not in any of my sinks if it has pumice. I don't really care for pumice since detergent is at least as effective.

I use Dawn indoors for convenience, but nitrile gloves are the way to avoid getting your hands greasy in the first place.