Welding and the EPA regulations for Lead Restoration, Repair, and painting(RRP)
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Welding and the EPA regulations for Lead Restoration, Repair, and painting(RRP)

Does anybody out there have recent, practical experience with welding projects that fall under the EPA RRP regulations?

As I understand it, these regs cover work in residential single and multifamily dwellings, schools, and child daycare facilities constructed before 1978; where the presence of lead is likely in paint and other common construction materials used at the time.

My question is, how often do you encounter this situation and how aggressive is enforcement in your area?

Do you have the necessary RRP certification and follow these regulations? Or do you insist that the general contractor or another subcontractor that specializes in testing and cleanup handle everything related to this issue?

Here's a link to the relevant EPA website if you're not familiar with this issue:

https://www.epa.gov/lead/renovation-...inting-program

I'm curious to see what the community's experience is with this issue. Thanks.

Whoops, the Title should read Renovation, Repair, and Painting...my mistake.
    Benson's Mobile Welding at your worksite or place of business. Serving Dayton, Ohio and the surrounding metro areas.
    AWS Certified Welding Inspector (#XXX10731) and Certified Welding Educator (#XXX1008E)

Re: Welding and the EPA regulations for Lead Restoration, Repair, and painting(RRP)

Idiocracy. More of this FreeDumb and flag waving nonsense
    Heres yet another gem
    https://www.aol.com/video/view/seth-...a893b7d0e722a/
    Last edited by Bonzoo; 06-19-2017 at 11:35 AM.