Portable Electric Heat Treat Oven - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Portable Electric Heat Treat Oven

Quote Originally Posted by ironmangq View Post
    Check with the rental companies, around me we rent them for $80/mo and you can often buy them for around $1600-$2000
    Was talking with a neighbor the other day who bought a 40' one a couple years back to use as "mouse proof" storage on his farm. When I first saw it after he got it, it looked like a brand spanky new one to me but according to him it was a used one time deal. Built in China and used to ship one load of stuff over before being sold off. I guess that's one stategy they've got to avoid the expense of shipping them back empty to use over again. All total (including having it delivered) said it cost him just under $4500.

Great job HT. I bet the best part is seeing going out the gate on the back of that trailer....

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Leroy View Post
    Great job HT. I bet the best part is seeing going out the gate on the back of that trailer....
    Leroy,

Actually it was kind of disappointing to see it leave. It meant the end of a pretty sweet temporary employment gig for me. That shop where it was built is only around 3/8 of a mile from where I live. Now what would really tickle me would be to hear that we were going to be starting on a second one some time soon.

Got some updated news about how it was holding up and working out the other day. It survived it's road trip to the refinery (around 250 miles) with no damage. I was a little worried about some of the ceiling insulation staying up. Also heard it's been used to stress relieve two loads of pipe so far with out any problems. On the first test we had several ends burn off some of the heating elements. So it looks like the fix we came up with is working.