2018 Everlast PowerMTS 252STi all-in-1 multiprocess welder - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2018 Everlast PowerMTS 252STi all-in-1 multiprocess welder

it's convenient for some but unnecessary to add external power for other devices off the back of the unit, just run one line to the cart (heavy gauge) and that line powers a mini-load center built into the cart, for the stuff on the cart.

Quote Originally Posted by own1bigtruck View Post
    Just thought I would post some update photos since the W400 water cooler arrived yesterday. Had a couple of minor issues with the shipping, seems UPS likes kicking Everlasts products off the back of the trucks and broke my fill cap! Also had a wire inside that had a bad connection, so I recrimped a new end on it. Had to do a minor relocation of the back stacking rail to fit the mighty 252, but its all good in the hood! Also included a photo of my Cooler Power outlet mod! Hopefully I still have a warranty! LOL
    Attachment 1684430
    Attachment 1684431
    Attachment 1684432
    Attachment 1684433
    That looks really good. How are you liking the 252STi so far?

Seems to be a really nice welding machine. Still trying to figure out the best settings on it, certainly took a huge leap forward in technology and control from my Lincoln AC225! MIG runs nice and smooth. TIG seems to work well, I just suck at it! Going to take a lot of practice I think to get decent at it, but it is fun!

Ok, so I returned my 252. Everlast was really good about honoring their "satisfaction guaranteed" policy. I got the full return price plus they paid for shipping. Big thumbs up for Everlast. My issues with the 252 were, hopefully, just a factory defect. I couldn't get any constants out of the machine (wire speed, amperage or voltage). Everything was floating. For instance, on Std MIG mode, when I set my IPM to 600 (Max), I was only getting about 108 amps. At that max IPM setting, the wire (.035) should have been pecking at the weld puddle like a wood pecker with spatter everywhere. In synergic mode, I set max amps and the welder self adjusted the amps and wire speed down. It seemed to me that voltage self regulated all the other parameters. Adjusting parameters was a real PITA too. Lets say you want to adjust inductance. You press the arrow button to get over to that parameter and if you don't make an adjustment within 3 seconds, it defaults back to the first parameter. 9 memory settings is way too little for this machine and settings in synergic mode should be able to be saved as well. I never got to play around with the Tig on this welder unfortunately, so I cant give any opinions on that.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Wire speed and amps are the same thing, just a different way of expressing it. Amps will vary as you are welding. So will voltage a little. At the start, the unit has a slow run in, so amps will not be as high. I am not sure what is wrong with the unit you had. I think a bit of it was misunderstanding of how the unit works and communication between us. But that is our fault there as we are taking our time to make sure the manual is comprehensive. And I'm sure the balance of the issue could simply be a bad programming that didn't take on the board. The manual will be up soon, to hopefully allow everyone to readit before buying. But yes, 3 seconds may not seem like a long time, but for some, we've had complaints it was too long to wait for it to default back to the welding amp/speed setting. The set up is no different than the 252Si as far as how it functions. This unit has been really well received. There are disadvantages to every unit and there are trade offs, but without knowing what is wrong with the unit, and waiting for someone to test the unit out thoroughly when it is received, it's hard to know how to respond.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Mark, I don't mean to undermine your knowledge but I disagree on "wire speed and amps are the same thing". One does affect the other but only in one way. Wire speed DOES affect amperage, but amperage should NOT affect wire speed. I tried adjusting the ramp up amperage to quite a bit higher than the default (I think default was 60) so I could do a hot spot weld but was getting cold welds. Do people really complain about 3 seconds being too long? I kinda find it hard to believe anyone wants it to default back to the first parameter. It makes adjusting any given parameter very difficult when you have to constantly arrow back to the one you are adjusting. What you guys had going with your older welders and the separate knobs for each parameter was brilliant and very simple. You could adjust what you wanted at just a quick turn of a knob. I did try settings that the guys in your tech dept. recommended, but they just didn't work. Also the Miller settings calculator does not work with your welders. That's why it's real important for you guys to have your own "ballpark settings" chart for your welders inside the wire spool compartment. I admit, my own personal welder ATM is just a POS Harbor Freight Dual Mig 151, but I have extensive experience (40+ yrs.) with many other high end welders.
    Millermatic 35's
    Millermatic 300's
    Miller CP 302's
    Miller CP 300's
    Miller CP 200
    Miller XMT 304
    Miller XMT 350
    Miller Syncrowave 250's
    Miller Aerowave
    Miller Suitcase welders
    Miller Bobcat
    Lincoln Ranger 9's
    Lincoln robotic welders
    Airco Tig welders
    Etc.
    So I do know how to setup, what to listen for, and what to expect from a welder. That's why I truly believe there was something wrong with the welder I had. If you guys test the welder that I sent back, could you please let me know what you found? I think you guys have a great thing going with your innovative products. There are just some bugs that need to be worked out for these welders to be the best welders on the market.

Manual is up on our site now.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Mark, did you guys test that welder I sent back?

Well I guess that answers the question on how reliable Everlast customer support is.

I don't have access to those records. I am not in that part of it. I have other parts that I am responsible for. and a lot going on besides this forum. The testing would be done at the repair center if it went that route. You can call them and find out. But I don't have your tracking or any way to check more than you do. But if you returned it and it was refunded promptly, then how can customer support be unreliable? What mgt. decides to do with it from there is their option. It will definitely not get priority attention. It'll be fixed and used for a loaner or something but when they can fit it into their priority, since you returned the unit that way. Someone will test it. But no, they don't tell me every detail of whose and what's.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT