Lincoln Power Mig 350MP: Back into Service After Several Years in Storage
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Lincoln Power Mig 350MP: Back into Service After Several Years in Storage

Seeking advice prior to striking an arc with a Lincoln Power Mig 350MP that has been stored for more than three years (clean, dry and warm environment.)

Ser# K2403-1 11147 U10505027**

The welder was powered up for less than 5 min last week (with no apparent issue), but the trigger wasn't pulled.

I am specifically interested in steps to protect electronic components before powering with full line volts/current. Other advice is welcome, too.

I posted a similar question regarding my Dynasty 200 DX to the Miller subforum. I believe that the Power Mig is a transformer design, unlike the inverter technology used in the Dynasty. If different preparations are called for before using machines based on these technologies, then this won't be a case of cross-posting.

Re: Lincoln Power Mig 350MP: Back into Service After Several Years in Storage

Turn it on and weld with it. Won't hurt a thing for obvious reasons. If you are worried about how long it sat, You could pull the cover and look for mouse nest or something and gently blow it out. Weld On !!!

Re: Lincoln Power Mig 350MP: Back into Service After Several Years in Storage

I would still do the same thing I posted on your other post let it idle every time before use, transformer or inverter