Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

The thread from last November about the Kidde fire extinguisher recall got smoked in the forum crash.
    Our first contact with Kidde when we learned of a big recall was November 3, 2017. The unit we had was on the recall list and we were told a new fire extinguisher would be shipped in 15-20 business days. The replacement finally showed up on April 6, 2018. What they really meant was 150-200 days. Glad I didn't need it, hope I never need to use it. To their credit they did replace the recalled unit. What was mostly plastic on the top of the tank is now (and should have been) metal.
    Ernie F.

Re: Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

I had 4 extinguishers under the recall. They sent me new replacements and I shipped (prepaid) the old ones back. Then, last week FedEx showed up at my doorstep with ANOTHER replacement which I didn't need...guess it was a duplicate that got sent by mistake. I called the Kidde support number and the lady said that I could either sent it back (again, prepaid) or just keep it. I kept it. Nice folks.

Re: Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

Millions of those things were sold for use on Personal Watercraft and boats. Most are stored in a waterproof container for protection. Unfortunately, there are no replacement fire extinguishers available that will fit the waterproof containers. Wish I had a way to make a plastic container for them, I could sell a bunch of them!
    America Needs AMERICA'S Oil!!!

"Global warming is the greatest scam in history ...There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril."--John Coleman, Founder of The Weather Channel