Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    Man it didn't take long for this to go down hill

From the testing I did it worked as well as most tig welders in this price range, they did make thing standard as suggested like the 1/2" dinse and 5/8" x 18 argon fittings as well as updating to a real CK 17FX torch.

Anyway for anyone that would like to have some info on this unit here is some.

10 to 225 amps, AC/DC w/pulse, 120/240 volt, pre and post flow, Ck flex head torch 12 1/2' SF hose with 1/2" dinse with 5/8"x18 standard argon fittings.

Duty cycle 120 volt
    TIG 40% @ 140, 100% @ 108
    MMA 40% @ 120, 100% @ 76

Duty cycle 240 volt
    TIG 40% @ 225, 100% @ 155
    MMA 40% @ 180, 100% @ 139

3 Year warranty

For more info contact Primeweld @ primeclickllc@gmail.com

Sold by a seller here in the USA and has been around for a few years has good feedback.
    would you receommend this primeweld welder over ahp alpha tig 220?

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    My future crystal ball says that we (the USA) will be forever importing cheap machines that may or may not work.

It will end up like the Craftsman company - and the various companies that sell the same product.
    Each new model will be from a different source and will be unknown for reliability - several companies will get large enough to also buy the same machines in different paint. When that line runs out, the process will start again.
    That seems to be happening already, IMO.

There will be no continuity and name brands will end up not mattering very much. The "quest" will be who can sell the same box the cheapest.
    Yeah...the race to the bottom...

I think the heavy industrial units like Invertec 350 pro and such will be unaffected. Same for the large Dynasty machines.
    No mass produced profit to be had copying such an expensive machine.
    Since they don't have any competition from Asia yet, probably so...but I expect to see Miller and Lincoln come out with other units to combat the inverter wave...

These are welding companies, they do R&D and innovate welding. Sure, the inverters innovate also, but there's more to it at the end of the day. They're more like skeleton companies. I believe at the end of the day whoever wins will need to provide decent service and support. So far the import companies haven't proven themselves in that area so well...time will tell...more and more companies testing the water, so to speak...there's gotta be a new game changer eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by TraditionalToolworks View Post
    Since they don't have any competition from Asia yet, probably so...but I expect to see Miller and Lincoln come out with other units to combat the inverter wave...

These are welding companies, they do R&D and innovate welding. Sure, the inverters innovate also, but there's more to it at the end of the day. They're more like skeleton companies. I believe at the end of the day whoever wins will need to provide decent service and support. So far the import companies haven't proven themselves in that area so well...time will tell...more and more companies testing the water, so to speak...there's gotta be a new game changer eventually.
    My take is that miller and Lincoln aren't "combating the inverter wave" as much as they are just making homeowner lines of products and industrial products.

My opinion is that there will never be a "winner." There will always be someone willing to make a junk throwaway product because there will always be someone who wants it. I think "skeleton company" is a good description. Basically smoke and mirrors.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

As far as I know AHP only makes a 200 amp unit, this one is 225 amps.

I have used both and other then the pre-flow and 25 more amps they weld about the same.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Repair
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's.

My take is that miller and Lincoln aren't "combating the inverter wave" as much as they are just making homeowner lines of products and industrial products.
    Certainly they're adapting and creating inverters of their own...strange grey area in regard to homeowner and industrial, IMO. Many homeowners prefer industrial machines. The SW200 would be a case in point. Maybe they'll come out with an SW250. I could be a buyer.

My opinion is that there will never be a "winner." There will always be someone willing to make a junk throwaway product because there will always be someone who wants it. I think "skeleton company" is a good description. Basically smoke and mirrors.
    Maybe winner was a bad choice of words. The question is if better quality welders will continue to be made here? I have to believe there is a market for it still. In my line of work there's a saying that "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM". That is kind of true with Miller and Lincoln also...Even as expensive as the Dynastys are, Miller is probably selling a lot of them still. I'm waiting for something new to come out from Lincoln.

there will always be a market for cheap disposable welders for the group that isnt sure if welding is their thing, they would be willing to spend a few hundred to try it out, most that have knowledge and some skill will spend more for a quality welder and many more that will upgrade to an expensive welder as their skill and bank account allows...I dont think the big name companies want to produce a cheap welder to compete with the sub $1000.00 market...it would be hard to build a unit of quality and have any profit to show..

Certainly they're adapting and creating inverters of their own...strange grey area in regard to homeowner and industrial, IMO. Many homeowners prefer industrial machines. The SW200 would be a case in point. Maybe they'll come out with an SW250. I could be a buyer.
    I'd pay extra for a square wave 250

Maybe winner was a bad choice of words. The question is if better quality welders will continue to be made here? I have to believe there is a market for it still. In my line of work there's a saying that "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM". That is kind of true with Miller and Lincoln also...Even as expensive as the Dynastys are, Miller is probably selling a lot of them still. I'm waiting for something new to come out from Lincoln.
    For me it comes down to probability. If I can have high probability of success with less money, that's important to me.

If I can't, then I'll pay more.

I have very few customers and I would be embarrassed to show up with a cheap, unproven product and have it fail on the job.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    I dont think the big name companies want to produce a cheap welder to compete with the sub $1000.00 market...it would be hard to build a unit of quality and have any profit to show..
    I agree, but the illusion is when people believe they get the same functionality for a fraction of the price...in most cases they work, I have a unit that does, but it's a POS at the end of the day...and not the type of tool I want in my shop.

Indeed, I would also...in fact, I would only want one change to the SW200 at minimum, that being better pulse, 0-200pps would be much more useful than 0-20pps.

For me it comes down to probability.
    Maybe we just need to keep an eye on Lincoln, they seem to have a void in their product line for a portable unit in the 250amp range...at the end of the day I feel that Lincoln and Miller will prevail. I completely agree with your statement, these inexpensive import inverters will be coming into America for the unforeseeable future...

That said, it allowed me to get started with tig as well as gain SMAG skills as well. How long my inverter will continue to work is anyone's guess. I predict I'll have a replacement before it fails me. I'm pretty sure it won't be an Everlast, not with the way they treated me...

The good thing is I should be able to sell my POS inverter and recover most of my money after all is said and done. Even if I lose 50% of my investment, it won't break the bank for me. I'm keeping all of their crappy Chinesium accessories to package with the welder when I sell it. I'm replacing all of it with quality accessories. I only have the ground clamp and torch left to replace, and the torch has a gas lens and stubby kit installed and a flex head 26 which replaced the solid head 26 torch. Works ok for me, but a ck torch is in my future as-is a better grounding clamp.

I've already replaced the stinger, flowmeter, argon hose, and bought a decent pedal. Most of this makes more difference than the inverter itself.

What about a square wave 230?

I won't mention any names but sent an email to someone that works at Lincoln last night and mentioned this void I see in the Lincoln product line after they discontinued the V205-T. They agreed with me and mentioned something I hadn't realized, that the V205-T was actually manufactured in Italy. The reason they stopped making them so abruptly is that the company went out of business, so Lincoln didn't have much choice on the issue. Makes me wonder if they were someone tied into HTP's manufacture in Italy...certainly that expertise must have gone to work somewhere...

Supposedly Lincoln is aware there is a void in their line and have something in the works that could surface by the end of the year that would be in the 230 amp range with better pulse, and possibly built a bit better than the SW200.

This could possibly be a future purchase for me, and would definitely make it onto my short lift, if not be the actual purchase. If Lincoln could bring a portable, professional class welder to market just slightly higher than the SW200 (read $2000 for me), I would most likely buy it if my LWS could service and support it for me. Time will tell on this, but I'll be watching the Lincoln space to see what they come up with.

Supposedly Lincoln is aware there is a void in their line and have something in the works that could surface by the end of the year that would be in the 230 amp range with better pulse, and possibly built a bit better than the SW200.
    This has my attention
    Dave J.

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc